Business Support Officer
The Customer Service & Information Team are responsible for managing a range of varied tasks. Excellent organisational management skills are needed to achieve the team's objectives of high quality service delivery, improved public accessibility, and customer care.
The Customer Service & information Team leads in delivering the Corporate Directorate engagement strategy and the challenge of opening up the accessibility of our services to all of our customers, particularly through e-service strategies.
The Customer Service & Information Team plays a major part in assisting the Management Team in regular and specific reviews of systems, processes, procedures and staffing structures. The Customer Service & information Team have a key role in the business planning by ensuring that all human and material resources are managed effectively and efficiently.
Reporting to the Business Support Team Leader, the post holder has an important role in delivering a wide variety of administrative functions to support the Service. Ensuring they are carried out effectively and efficiently. This includes financial, administration and reception functions.
The Business Support team provides a central administrative and project support function. The post holder will need to work flexibly with a commitment to providing excellent customer service. Duties of the role will include general business support such as post, office supplies, purchasing, business reporting, facilities and reception.
The postholder is the first point of contact for public and SCC visitors at a key county office and is therefore is important in promoting a first and lasting image of the County Council.
Typical accountabilities in roles at this level in this job family
Analysis, Reporting & Documentation
* Provide and manipulate data for statistical purposes and run and present standard reports.
* Prepare and dispatch a range of correspondence/documents to facilitate efficient response to enquiries and timely conclusion of any process connected with the defined area of activity.
Customer Service & Support
* Deliver a range of administrative and/or customer/consultancy services in support of existing systems or processes to agreed standards, to maximise service quality and continuity.
* Receive and respond to everyday enquiries from colleagues and customers to provide a timely, courteous and effective service.
Planning & Organising
* Support a group of senior staff/service team, ensuring confidentiality, and assisting in the effective organisation of internal/ external meetings and activities to support a high standard of office organisation.
* Plan and prioritise own week-to-week work activities, to ensure operational efficiency. Refer to more senior colleagues for prioritisation of non-standard work.
* Follow established ordering procedures to ensure adequate resources are available.
Work with others
* Maintain a network of contacts, knowing who to liaise with on key issues to report on and resolve issues.
* Communicate and liaise with service users and/or external contacts, usually through established routine connections as own section of work requires.
* Guide junior staff in duties to facilitate their development and ensure routines observed.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities, Experience and Personal Characteristics
* Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level.
* Relevant HR, Management, business administration or financial qualification to NVQ Level 2/3, or able to evidence knowledge/understanding of relevant discipline.
* Familiar with one or more of the specific processes used in the relevant discipline.
* Ability to apply relevant health and safety, equality and diversity, and other County/Service policies and procedures.
* Competent in a range of IT tools.
* Ability to work with others to improve customer service.
* Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with customers.
* Good administrative /organisational and analytical skills.
* Able to prioritise and plan own workload in the context of conflicting priorities and work on own initiative.
* A methodical approach to information gathering, recording and reporting.
* Previous relevant work experience.
* Experience of maintaining business processes and systems.
* Ability to guide and support less experienced or more junior colleagues (for some roles)."
Details of the specific qualifications and/or experience if required for the role in line with the above description
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free