An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Junior Quality Engineer to join our county Durham based company. This role presents an ideal opportunity for a Quality Technician who is looking to be upskilled to a Quality Engineer.
- Coordinate and monitor the operation of the Quality Management System in accordance with company accreditations.
- QA team member in resolving non-conformances (including Customer, Supplier and Internal) - root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions.
- Demonstrate a quick response to the customer concerns /issues and ensure documentation is completed within time frame.
- Maintain relevant project folders, including PQFs, APQP, SPC, etc.
- Ensure PQFs are kept at the latest revision, are available for use on the shop floor and effectively rolled out into production, and as required provide support and training.
- Carry out audits as required - including internal audits, product & process audits.
- Report findings from audits and be responsible for closing out any non-conformances / issues raised.
- Be responsible for containment activities, communicate cut-off details and completion of paperwork.
- Attend and report at meetings on site and off site as required (Production meetings, Project launch meetings, etc).
- Develop full knowledge of quality standards using customer supplied information, use this knowledge to transfer to work instructions which are easy to follow on the shop floor.
- Collate and be responsible for master and limits samples, keeping a status log.
- Responsible for Quality Technicians - training and mentoring.
- Ensure quality alerts and incidents reports as required - chase sign off within 48 hours of raising issue.
- Monitor gauges and calibration status of equipment, ensure equipment is calibrated as required and maintain records.
- Attend both internal and external training courses to continue adding to body of knowledge for company and individual personal development.
- Ensure QA display boards are kept up to date with relevant information.
- Understand the importance of quality and production performance, the cost of quality and working towards zero defects at the Customer.
- Maintain good level of housekeeping.
- Be approachable and promote good quality awareness, QA point of contact for the shop-floor
- Deputise for the Quality Manager.
- Any other reasonable task as requested by Management.
- Should have experience working as a Quality Technician in an engineering industry.
- Experience in measuring tools such as verniers, callipers, gauges, etc and worked with first off/last off and inspection of parts.
- Beneficial if you have PQFs, APQP, SPC, experience etc.
- Keen to progress your career
- Day shift role
- This role offers career progression and a chance to enhance your knowledge and skill set if you have the right tools.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Temporary Full Time
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required