If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
As a Barclays Application Support Analyst you will be joining the Customer & Risk Systems. You will become part of the bank’s core enterprise platform that provides the bank with the means of managing a single view of the bank’s customers. You will use your expert and creative problem and incident resolution skills to understand customer needs and priorities to provide quality service.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process
• Providing incident resolution within the Tables and Reference Data Team
• Building knowledge of how technical strategies are defined to provide business solutions
• Articulating to any auditors the table structures of UKBA mainframe and Customer and Risk mainframe application
• Participating in technical discussions with the designers across the group on tables changes that are required and agreeing release slots with them
• Supporting speed to market go live cycles and providing evidence to the business
• Supporting major incident calls, clearly articulating what the issue is with the reference data and providing resolution
• Participating in any development handover calls from the development team for project deployment and understanding how any change will impact the tables
• Understanding and implementing the changes into a live environment to the reference data tables to support project requirements and go live dates
• Proven in-depth knowledge and a detailed understanding of a mainframe application and proven incident management experience of a mainframe application
• A detailed understanding of a Customer and Risk mainframe application and knowledge of the Speed to Market processes that allows the ability to launch new products quickly
• Extensive proven experience of DB2 and IMS tables structures
• Solid level of experience in IT Software development consisting of the following languages and technologies: DB2, IMS DB/ DC and JCL
•The ability to train, coach and mentor Technical Apprentices to develop the future workforce is desirable
• Previous experience on sharing systems knowledge of the UKBA mainframe application would be beneficial
• Experience in Financial Services is ideal
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free