Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. Pet products are available online or from our 453 stores, many of which also have vet practices and grooming salons. The Vet Group operates a UK leading small animal veterinary business, with 440 First Opinion practices located both in our stores and in standalone locations, as well as four Specialist Referral centres. We are based in beautiful offices next to the Retail Outlet and Steam Museum in Swindon.
We are recruiting for a Project Coordinator. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Office is located in Swindon and you may be required to travel to the office on a regular basis.
As a Project Coordinator you will be responsible for working within the Business Development Team and assisting with the co-ordination, shaping and delivery of a programme of business development strategic initiatives across the Veterinary business within the wider Pets at Home family.
The overall purpose of the role is to contribute to the delivery of both innovative and optimising solutions which will continually improve the performance and efficiency with which our vet practices operate and enable our vet Partners to grow and develop their respective businesses. These may include initiatives such as business process improvements, technology based solutions, the introduction of additional commercial services, delivery mechanisms or general enhancements to customer offer which our Vet practices provide.
The candidate will work across departments and aligned stakeholders to support the delivery of initiatives and all aspects of implementation including research, planning, stakeholder management, communication, delivery governance and management information for evaluation.
The initiatives will cover a wide range of business building activity so the candidate will develop a detailed understanding of the whole business in the course of their work.
Additionally the candidate will be expected to assist in external research and to explore the wider marketplace to identify new commercial opportunities and relevant innovation which would benefit the business.
- Support the collection and collation of research conducted within the veterinary and adjacent markets on new innovation, suppliers and business solutions which become available and help prepare summary information for presentation to the business.
- Assist with providing information for tracking of competitor services, activity and offering both amongst online service providers and other physical practice operators – evaluate opportunities
- Create strong personal networks of identified stakeholders both with group colleagues and key external influencers, to be informed and also able to influence through these networks as appropriate.
- Engage with support teams, field based colleagues, practice teams and vet partners to gain understanding from their perspective in seeking and evaluating opportunities.
- Help the Business Development Manager in evaluating and measuring perceived future opportunities and assist with creation of summary presentations for review by the Executive
- Work with relevant stakeholder groups to collaborate on initiative delivery
- Implement agreed governance and principals for the delivery of the initiative
- Ensure that all decisions required within the planning or delivery of an initiative are presented to the Business Development manager with full supporting information.
- Assist with the management of the delivery of the initiative within the agreed timeframe and within the agreed cost/resource constraints.
- Ensure that the progress and status of initiatives is well communicated at agreed intervals with clear updates as to challenges, road blocks or decisions required.
- Ensure full documentation is maintained to support the working and delivery of the initiative to ensure full awareness and understanding for present and future stakeholders.
- As part of the delivery team be enthusiastic and positively engaged with the success of the implementation of each initiative and ensure that the launch of initiative is positively communicated to all the right audiences in a professional and engaging style.
- As part of the delivery team, to assemble clear and well-constructed communications for briefing and generally communicating with wider groups of stakeholders within the Support Office and across the Vet Practices
- Knowledge of the veterinary sector
- Experience in conducting research and collating information
- Understanding of general business principles and finances
- Experience of working within a project delivery team
- Working in a cross-department role co-ordinating activity
- Able to demonstrate own initiative and take accountability for agreed deliverables
- Versatility in approach and ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- "Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme