Main purpose of the job:
To research, design and deliver technical training to our learners. This training may be as part of a Technical Certificate or as part of a bespoke programme.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. We are seeking applicants who hold a minimum of HNC in their engineering area of expertise to deliver technical certificates in our training facilities. Industry experience is preferred although not mandatory. Previous teaching experience is not essential as training will be provided, however candidates must be prepared to work towards attaining a teaching qualification.
To teach up to and including level 3 in electrical engineering.
To teach up to and including level 4 Maths. 4. Project Management - deliver up to level 3.
5. CAD - deliver up to level 3.
To carry out research and product development for new qualifications in line with customer demand.
To supervise or assist with supervision of students.
To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
To provide pastoral care and support to students.
To participate in the administration of the department's programmes of study and other activities as requested.
To contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
To maintain own continuing professional development.
To actively follow and promote Gen2 policies, including Equal Opportunities.
To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.The person appointed is likely to have the skills and experience listed below.
Essential Skills Experience:
· Minimum of HNC or equivalent.
· A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes.
· Ideally someone who has electrical maintenance background or instrumentation background.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
Desirable Skills Experience:
· Evidence of ability to teach technical certificates and to supervise students
· Experienced craftsperson
· Membership of a relevant professional organisation
· Technical Certificate Delivery
· Assessment of student work.
· Curriculum design.
· Pastoral care of students.
· Commitment to academic research
· Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students
· Commitment to continuous professional development
· Commitment to Gen2's policy of equal opportunity and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds.
Terms of Employment: Full Time Permanent
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website
Role: Technical Delivery Tutor - Mechanical Engineering
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Ulverston, Cumbria,
Apply for this job now.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!