Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a skilled and talented Junior Gameplay Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim. The Junior Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within the Lumberyard Engine.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work well in a cooperative, multi-disciplinary team environment to develop and maintain new gameplay features.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with matrices, trigonometry and linear algebra.
- Great attention to detail.
- A passion for making and playing games.
- Work well in a cooperative environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working demos, preferably extra-curricular.
- Basic knowledge of network synchronisation principles.
- FPS/Action/Adventure/Flight-sim development experience.
- Multi-threaded programming skills and knowledge.
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration.
Please provide a portfolio of your work upon application or any working examples
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required