At Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC), we deliver a range of rehabilitation services to people who have been sentenced by a court to either custody or community supervision. Community Payback (CP) is intended as both a punishment and means by which someone can make amends to the community for the harm they have caused.
As a CP Supervisor, you will be responsible for the supervision of a group of diverse service users out on site in the community. You will lead users to complete a variety of tasks, ensuring they follow Heath and Safety rules and regulations. You must be able to respond calmly to disruptive behaviour and avoid issues by using tact and diplomacy. Ful training will be provided.
Being able to work on your own initiative is vital as you will need to work independently where necessary.
UK Manual driving licence is essential as you will be required to transport service users to the site via minibus.
* Supervise service users out on work placements in the community and provide throrough worksite inductions in line with safe systems
* Organise equipment for the day and complete associated paperwork daily
* Encourage service users by exercising clear boundaries and applying a fair and consistent approach
* Compile basic reports on daily activity/progress
Skills and Experience:
* Ability to lead and build a team
* Competent at motivating others
* Effective in empathising and influencing service user behaviour
* Able to work on your own
* Competent use of basic IT systems
* High level of DIY skills is beneficial
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
* Negotiation skills
* Positive behaviour and attitudes
* Basic IT skills
Hours: 18.5 hours per week (2 x 9.25 hour shifts Tuesday and Sundays)
Benefits: Pro rata of 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24 hour counselling service and Cycle to Work Scheme
Role: Community Payback Supervisor - Part Time (Criminal Justice Sector)
Job Type: Permanent, Part Time
Location: Crawley, West Sussex,
Apply for this job now.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!