- Are you looking to maximise your income over the lockdown?
- Do you want the chance to develop school experience?
- Are you looking fur a tuition role in conjunction with the National Tutoring Programme?
A school in Stockport is seeking an Online Geography Tutor to work as part of the National Tutoring Programme. The role will involve tutoring students across both KS3 and KS4. The school expects the tutor to be able to successfully prepare students for assessments, as well as setting engaging tasks that look to motivate pupils
Applications are welcomed from:
- Geography Teachers (QTS)
- Individuals who have tutored Geography previously.
- Geography Graduates (must have prior teaching/tutoring experience)
Highlights of this role:
- Working with students across a wide range of ages and abilities, as well as students from various different backgrounds.
- Developing teaching strategies working on both an individual and small group basis.
- Monitoring student progress, implementing tactics designed to benefit student development within the subject.
- Ensuring work is differentiated effectively, especially when working with students with SEN.
- Gaining an insight into the different ways children retain information.
The skills that you will require for this position:
- Being an active listener – in order to determine the ways in which a students concerns can be met.
- Patience – the ability to remain calm when tutoring is essential, especially when developing relationships with students.
- Positivity – being able to inspire students, use praise and positive reinforcement will be essential when it comes to looking to develop student attainment.
Pay is at an hourly rate between £18 and £25.
For further information, please get in touch with the Manchester East Secondary branch at Teaching Personnel.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Education Level
- Tameside District
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required