Site Manager - Christ Church CE (VA) Junior School
The governors seek to appoint a dedicated, self-motivated and energetic Site Manager to join our friendly, supportive and hardworking team as soon as possible. The role involves working closely with the Headteacher and School Business Manager to manage the security, maintenance, cleaning and health and safety of all of the school premises, so that our school environment is a bright, welcoming teaching and learning environment, reflective of our excellent standards. The role will normally require regular paid overtime to facilitate evening openings, although these are not taking place currently due to the Covid pandemic.
The successful candidate will:
• be looking for a new challenge to manage our site, buildings and grounds, including the development of outdoor learning provision
• be ready for responsibility, managing all areas of the building
• have good organisational skills and be proactive, working with initiative around the site
• be hardworking and flexible to the needs of the school and all its stakeholders
• have good DIY skills such as: for general repairs, maintenance and decorating
• take pride in our school and be a proactive member of our community, including being involved in special events
• display good inter-personal skills with families, colleagues, governors, contractors and visitors
• have a sense of humour and a welcoming manner
• Ideally, you will have had previous experience and be reliable, competent and trustworthy as you will have access to the whole school.
• A desire to become involved in Forest School and Outdoor Education would be an advantage
We will offer:
• a friendly environment and staff team who work hard and support each other
• a well-maintained building and grounds, with great potential for the development of outdoor learning and Forest School provision
• a commitment to your ongoing training and development needs
• a strong, supportive Governing Body
Closing date: Friday 5th February 2021, 10am
Interviews: Week commencing 8th February 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!