Behaviour and Learning Support Assistant - Graduate- Trafford
Behaviour and Learning Support Assistant - Graduate/Experienced- Trafford
Have you recently graduated with a psychology degree (or similar) and are now looking to gain long-term SEN experience starting as soon as possible?
Perhaps you already have experience working with pupils with SEN and would now you like to apply this knowledge to a school-based setting before pursing Educational Psychology or SEN routes?
If you are looking for long-term work in a specialist provision this academic year, then this could be a fabulous stepping stone to progress your career in education and SEN!
Tradewind Manchester are currently recruiting on behalf of a Primary school situated in Trafford Primary School. This position is full-time and long-term and the school require confident candidates with experience of supporting children with additional needs and the drive to make a difference.
This is an above average size primary school which is situated just outside the town centre of Trafford. The percentage of pupils eligible for free school meals is well below average. Pupils are predominantly from White British backgrounds. The school has a below average number of pupils with learning difficulties and/or disabilities. The school has achieved a number of awards including Investors in People, the Healthy Schools, Activemark and Artsmark (Gold) awards. It provides Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) education for children in Reception classes.
The Headteacher has high expectations and wants all the children to develop to their full potential. This means providing exciting, inclusive lessons so they make the best progress they can in their studies as well as providing guidance and support, so they can develop as happy, well-balanced individuals who can make the right decisions for themselves.
When walking around the school it was obvious that there is a warm and friendly atmosphere. The wealth of visits out of school, after school clubs and visitors into school all add to the enriched curriculum they offer and help pupils to make the most of their learning. The staff are proud of their inclusive school and all its achievements; these are the result of hard work by both children and staff alike.
To join us and be successful in this Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
* Psychology Degree (or Social Sciences) / SEN Teaching Assistant experience E.g. Experience working/volunteering in education, child care or care settings
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks. Or be happy to undertake a new DBS through us
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this position, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!