AECOM has a specialist stakeholder engagement team with a successful track record of delivering engagement and consultation services for a wide range of high-profile infrastructure projects across the UK. The team provides stakeholder engagement support to projects across a variety of sectors including transport, energy, water and waste as well as residential and commercial property development.
This role will focus on two key areas:
1. Assisting with the delivery of a range of stakeholder engagement services, with a focus on engagement and consultation for infrastructure development projects;
2. Assisting with the development of new business proposals and marketing activities to help win new projects and support the growth of AECOM's stakeholder engagement services team.
Day-to-day, the role will predominantly involve working closely with the other members of the stakeholder engagement team but will often involve working as part of a much larger team to deliver projects. Some travel will be required to other AECOM and client offices or project locations. Some home working to maximise work efficiency and reduce time lost to travel will be included in the working arrangements.
The role will report directly to a member of the stakeholder engagement team. There will also be a need to report to other AECOM team members on specific projects. There will be on-the-job learning to develop stakeholder engagement expertise and opportunities to develop other skills via AECOM and external training.
Day-to-date delivery of stakeholder engagement services on a range of projects including:
- research to support stakeholder and political audits/mapping
- drafting text for various communications materials such as booklets, response forms, websites and social media posts and consultation reports
- logistical support for engagement and consultation events
- support to manage stakeholder enquiries
- analysis of responses to consultations
- Support in identifying new business opportunities for the provision of stakeholder engagement services and associated proposal development including:
- management of the team's new business tracker
- drafting text and helping to co-ordinate submission of proposals for new business
- support in the ongoing proactive promotion of the AECOM stakeholder engagement service including drafting of marketing materials for the team such as case studies and presentations.
- Must demonstrate an interest in stakeholder engagement and communications, helping organisations explain proposals or plans and take into consideration people's views
- Educated to at least degree level, ideally masters in Geography, Sociology, Social Sciences, English, History, Politics, Law, Planning, Environmental Sciences
- An interest in UK planning policy, social impact assessment or environmental issues would be advantageous
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate as well as to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Strong report writing research, numeracy and verbal communications skills - verbal and written - with the confidence to engage with a variety of people, summarise technical information effectively and demonstrate diligent research techniques
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail- evidence of an organised approach to task/project management - Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
- Full Clean Driving licence beneficial for site work where equipment is required
- Previous experience of working in a consultancy environment would be beneficial, including work placements or relevant voluntary experience.
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, and each and every one of them makes a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution - where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure. Downloads
graduate_ireland_brochure_2021_-_low_res.pdf AECOM Ireland Brochure
graduate_uki_brochure_2021_-_low_res.pdf AECOM UK Brochure
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required