Graduate seeking PGCE experience
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you thinking about a career in teaching and would like some classroom experience? Are you looking for flexible work that can fit around your lifestyle? If so, then Tradewind Recruitment can help you.
Tradewind Recruitment are looking for Cover Supervisors for our client schools, in the St Helens area. We work alongside our client schools to provide daily and short-term cover for staff absence. The role of a Cover Supervisor would give you the perfect insight into life in school, the classroom and give you an excellent start for your PGCE.
The role of a Cover Supervisor:
*Involves the delivery of work that has been set by the class Teacher.
*You will be expected to deliver the work set, whilst simultaneously managing class behaviour.
*You will be covering classes years 7-11, so it essential that you have the confidence and enthusiasm to engage students and build a professional rapport with both staff and students.
*It is also good practice to leave an update for the class Teacher on work completed by the class and the lesson in general.
*It is common that schools will request repeat bookings for candidates who have impressed them and fit in to their school ethos, so there is a real chance to build up positive working relationships.
*Bookings for Cover Supervisors are extremely high, so there is no better time to join us- start your New Year with Tradewind and our client schools!*
The ideal Cover Supervisor will:
* Be a Graduate (desirable but not essential)
* Have experience in a position of responsibility (Police/ Social Work/ Mentoring/ Military/ coaching- not an exhaustive list)
* Have a positive and engaging demeanour
* Be able to build positive professional relationships with both staff and students
* Be able to think on your feet
* Be able to communicate effectively
* Be committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students
To join us and be successful in this Cover Supervisor role you will need:
* An Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate, which is on the update service or be willing to apply for one (cost refunded after the completion of 20 days' work)
* An overseas police check (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!