Graduate Measurement Services Engineer - 2021 - Derby
We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth.
You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Measurement Services Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited ICE scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Engineer status.
Depending on project requirements, you could be office and/or site based.
We deliver projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will play a key role in ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. Working as a valued member of our Measurements team, you’ll be involved in many aspects of Land Surveying and measurements such as, collecting and analysing data to map the shape of land for our construction projects. To transforming data from the digital environment to the construction environment and will be a part of a centre of excellence in all survey related matters.
Your duties could include:
What we’re looking for:
· A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you will be required to work unsociable hours and travel as part of the programme).
· A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
· A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
· A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons), MEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil engineering or any other relevant accredited Surveying degree.
· Ideally have experience within an engineering and/or Rail environment
· Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
· A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!