Our client is a forward thinking, award winning, innovative business that is a market leader in the design and manufacture of energy management solutions. Our client exports to 17 countries and has operations in UK, Europe USA and Australia. Our client is now looking for a Junior Software Engineer to work in a small team environment developing the software and features of our existing and new products. The candidate must have a good understanding of power electronics and software languages.
The core job role and skills will include:
* Develop and maintain SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system for Energy Systems, including battery, inverter, converter and transformer based on an existing platform (Ewon), which requires
1. Knowledge of user interface design,
2. General knowledge of Modbus TCP/IP Communication and network skills,
3. General knowledge of Python/Basic/Shell script programming,
4. And a basic understanding of the Energy Power systems and power electronic devices will be preferred.
* Build up the network for the Energy systems, which requires
1. Basic understanding of network communications, protocols
2. Fundamental cyber security will be a bonus
* Develop and maintain the summarized info website for the energy Systems, which requires the following skills
2. Master MySQL database enquiry language and its management
3. Knowledge of PHP programming language or equivalence for programming, testing, deployment and debugging process, understanding software development lifecycle
* Maintain the cloud ftp server, which requires the following skills
1. Familiar with Linux Server and majority of its command set, in order to maintain our company cloud server and data, deploy and maintain the web apps
2. Knowing C# .NET core RESTful programming will be a bonus
3. Knowing Excel Macro programming will be a bonus
* Sufficient knowledge about version control (e.g. SVN or GitHub) and documentation production and maintenance
* Collaborating and communicating with the team and customers
* A good problem solver and can work independently after certain training;
* Can work under pressure, and willing to do some extra hours if needed for some projects;
* Willing to travel for FAT (Factory Acceptance Test)/SAT (Site Acceptance Test) or onsite troubleshooting for some projects occasionally;
* Not afraid of new challenges, can co-op maintain good communications with the RD team with multiple cultures;
Education and work experience:
Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or any equivalent degrees;
At least 1-year Industry experience, other new graduates with great project experience will be considered, especially web-based software development experience
Role: Junior Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire,
Apply for this job now.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!