Stanley Black & Decker HR Internship Summer 2021 - Corporate
Who We Are
Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
Who is Stanley Black & Decker? We are the leader in tools and security. We are STANLEY Tools. We are DeWalt. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work.
About Our Internship Program
We are currently seeking motivated Human Resourcesstudents for the Summer 2021 Internship Program located at our world headquarters in New Britain, CT. Selected students will participate in a meaningful and challenging 10-week summer internship that will allow each intern to have exposure to different facets of corporate, receive critical business skills and career and personal development training. Interns will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects within a cross-functional team of professionals and get exposure to leaders within the business.
In these challenging roles…
You will have exposure to several areas of Human Resources at Stanley Black & Decker and will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects with a cross-functional team of professionals.
With great rewards…
This position will provide you with:
A utility role interacting with key members of a Fortune 500 company
A flexible schedule featuring a max of 40 hours
Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
Key Responsibilities (may include but not limited to):
- Administer new hire process by scheduling phone & onsite interviews for qualified candidates with department members as needed, composing offer letters, and ensuring the successful completion of pre-employment screenings for prospective new hires
- Assist with new hire onboarding /orientation, including the facilitation of procuring company assets for new employees
- Order necessary IT equipment
- Update HRIS system with new and relevant data and maintain confidential employee records
- Actively support employee engagement initiatives
- Assist with execution of Diversity & Inclusion related programs that drive company-wide efforts
- Support the continued implementation of our Diversity & Inclusion strategy and programs including, but not limited to, diversity awareness activities of Employee Resource Groups, researching best Diversity & Inclusion practices, and coordination of D & I programming
- Plan, manage and provide deliverables on projects assigned
- Gather data and information from internal stakeholders in order to complete Human Rights Campaign and Corporate Equality Survey
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Business or a relevant field
Must demonstrate an interest in HR; Experience in HR field a plus
Excellent Follow-up/Communication skills
Handling numerous tasks with competing deadlines
Experience working with Microsoft Office
Eagerness to learn and take initiative
Attention to detail
*Location of internship may vary based on the location of the team.
Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to, and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
Integrity & Accountability – Operate with the highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!