We are looking for a Head of Automotive Training Delivery for one of our great clients.
Home Based (Within a commutable distance of Herfordshire and Northamptonshire)
Key Tasks Accountabilities
• Agree and manage all sub-contract delivery through the network of sub-contractor colleges.
• Develop, maintain and manage schools programmes to financial and operational targets.
• Recruitment, development, guidance and supervision of lecturers and tutors as appropriate.
• Develop and manage operational delivery of new learning programmes.
• Identify and create opportunities and tender for new business to meet business targets.
• Management of all monitoring visits of VRQ, Functional Skills and customer module delivery within the College network to schedule.
• Manage the process of observation of teaching and learning at all centres and colleges, carrying out observations where necessary.
• Coach and develop tutoring staff.
• Agree and monitor to agreed service levels, annual college delivery contracts with all sub-contractors.
• Management of tutor managers and team leaders to ensure co-ordination and efficient use of lecturing staff resources.
• Implementation of recommendations from OTLA’s
• To provide accurate, informed profiling for the progress and achievement of learners.
• To provide monthly reports on progress to the SMT.
• To provide academic guidance and support to tutors as required.
• Represent the organisation at steering groups and other strategic development meetings to guide the organisations future activity.
• Liaison with awarding bodies, SSC, ESFA, Schools staff and other interested stakeholders.
• Compliance with the requirements for the common inspection framework.
• Actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on protection of customer sensitive information.
• Promote a safe working environment in accordance with current legislation.
* Degree level education in a relevant subject.
* Must be able to provide proof of GCSE Math and Eng C or above
• Understanding and knowledge of the Common Inspection Framework and Awarding Bodies.
• Capable of managing complex, political relationships with large sub-contractors.
• Confident and adept when dealing with suppliers, customers awarding bodies and others.
• Proven negotiation skills
• Experienced cost centre manager, used to handling complex budgets.
• Experience in a similar role within a college/ Training Provider Automotive background.
• Experienced people manager, able to achieve results through others.
• Management of learning programmes and curriculum development.
• Must have proven track record in winning new business
25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
Death in Service
Private Medical (opt in)
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Role: Head of Delivery - Automotive
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!