Graduate Software Engineer (2021 intake)
Our people love the exciting and meaningfulwork they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Trainee Software Engineer with Kainos, you will work on projects where you can make a real difference to people’s lives – the lives of people you know. After taking part in our award-winning, seven-week Engineering Academy, you will then join one of our many project teams, to learn from our experienced developers, project managers and customer-facing staff. You’ll have great support and mentoring, balanced with the experience of being given real, meaningful work to do, to help you truly develop both technically and professionally.
This position will start in Summer 2021 following your graduation.
You will be responsible for:
• Contribute to developing high quality solutions which impact the lives of users worldwide.
• You’ll work as part of a team to solve problems and produce innovative software solutions.
• Learn about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow.
• Based in our Kainos office and often on our customer sites, you will work on a project teams to learn how to develop and unit test developing and unit testing straightforward or low complexity components, and then moving on to more complex elements as you increase your knowledge.
• Work with other developers in working through designs and user stories and to produce real development solutions
• Will be fully supported by experienced colleagues in the team to follow designs, and then progress to assist in any other aspect of the project life-cycle under supervision
• Develop excellent technical, team-working and Agile project experience
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
• Completed or are currently studying a relevant third level IT qualification
• Familiar with some programming languages and implementation environments.
• Some understanding of the software development lifecycle from your studies or relevant work experience, and the relevance of different tools at different stages of the development lifecycle
• Able to make effective decisions with the support of team members, within fast-moving delivery environment.
• Have an open attitude to sharing knowledge and information.
• Ideally have some experience of working in a collaborative team environment
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to other technical people and, sometimes, non-technical people
• Good problem solving and analytical skills.
• We all work in teams here in Kainos – a proven ability of strong team skills, including taking direction from others, is crucial.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes.
• Ability to deliver tasks within a given timeframe.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!