Are you interested in property and land management? Whether you’ve recently left college or are contemplating a career change, here’s a fantastic opportunity to join us as Trainee Surveyor, with a clear prospect of training, progression and gaining a professional qualification.
Grundon is a successful and forward-thinking waste management and quarrying company with a five-strong Estates team that you will be part of. The team manages our large and diverse property portfolio, including industrial, agricultural, residential, leisure and commercial assets, so it’s really interesting! As Trainee Surveyor, you’ll join our Beenham office, near Reading, on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary, company car and other fantastic benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
What you'll be doing as Trainee Surveyor
We’ll train you up and you’ll also have the opportunity to gain your professional surveying qualification by being mentored through your RICS
(Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors). You’ll deal with all aspects of Estates, including land and property management, meeting with contractors (for example, a tree planter or fence repairer), visiting a potential new site, talking to a prospective tenant about renting land, in the office agreeing new tenancy agreements – no two days are the same in this role! Your duties will include:
- helping to create value-added development opportunities from the portfolio;
- rent reviews, and assisting with the management of leases and licences;
- managing contractors and consultants undertaking work.
What we're looking for in you
- Whilst experience isn’t necessary, a genuine interest in land management and property, plus an aptitude to learn, is.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- A good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.30pm (flexibility required).
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!