As a Junior Database Administrator you will be responsible for maintaining the day to day availability of all Development / UAT database servers.
The team works on SQL Server and PostgreSQL database servers utilising high availability features.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused Company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technologies greatest challenges.
- Responsible for day to day availability of non-production SQL Servers ensuring high performance and availability of the development and UAT databases that support the business systems in a true 24/7 environment.
- Responsible for QA of all UAT and Production releases ensuring bet365 standards are followed, deployment of fit for purpose code to UAT and Live.
- Contribute to implementation of and maintenance of a cohesive and consistent approach to system monitoring to ensure that both SQL and hardware KPI's are reviewed to achieve the business goals.
- Responding to and resolving ad hoc request as required to meet business and end user requests.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting on and maintaining the reporting of activity and trends on the database servers/databases to senior management to enable a capacity planning strategy to be employed.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting on and maintaining a backup strategy for key system databases including full database and transaction log backups, replication and log shipping and database mirroring, and any future methods/technologies
- employed by bet365 for varying levels of continuity.
- Assist with the setup/upgrade and install database servers/clusters. Ensure that the correct hardware configuration, covering disk, RAID and storage requirements are in place to provide high availability, scalability and optimum performance.
- Assist with the deployment/migration of database servers/clusters. Ensure that the correct deployment processes are followed including operational readiness and business continuity checks.
Preferred Skills & Qualification
- A basic understanding on database design concepts
- Ability to write T-SQL statements for data retrieval
- An understanding of Windows operating systems
- Desire to continually learn and keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments
- Manage time effectively and make decisions in highly pressured situations
- Provide constructive and cohesive feedback to senior management of technical problems in a manner which enables easy understanding.
- Work in a continually changing, reactive environment
- Display a conscientious attitude towards work
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required