Onyx are Recruiting and if you are a Graduate Surveyor with a can-do attitude who is excited to start a new role, we would love to hear from you!
At Onyx, our mission is to provide financial solutions to customers when they need it most. We keep things, simple, transparent, and free from red tape, leaving customers to concentrate on what they do best.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Graduate Surveyor to join our team. Onyx are part of the Just Develop It Group, and these roles will be based from our head office in Segensworth Fareham.
Could this be the ideal role for me?
As our ideal Graduate Surveyor, you will be qualified HND Level 5 or Bachelors and have a focus on residential property. As a minimum standard, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Full UK driving licence
- Regular UK travel required
- Ambitious and prepared to grow with role, further education available as required
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Graduate Surveyor, you will be responsible for covering our South / South East patch. Your new role will be split into the following key areas:
- Assist with the appraisal of new residential development projects in terms of build cost, build assembly and build programme.
- Visit current projects undertaken by our borrowers/contractors as part of both the pre credit assessment and ongoing monitoring of the project to ensure cost budgets are being adhered to.
- Understand and articulate risks in the construction programme/budget and assess the developer's capability and readiness to deliver the project.
- Review and provide feedback on all site reports (Structural, Environmental, Asbestos)
- Produce initial reports and review the cost complete information provided, liaise with borrower to resolve any issues highlighted
- Select appropriate construction milestones for each facility and track as part of the monthly valuations.
- Assist with construction Conditions Precedent prior to drawdown of the development loan and monitor the Conditions subsequent as part of the monthly drawdown process.
- Liaise with external advisors to ensure construction documentation is satisfactory to the lenders requirements (consultant appointments, collateral warranties, build contract).
- Undertake ongoing monitoring of construction projects to ensure that they are on time and budget. Identify potential risks early and warn of any potential problems ahead of time
- Review monthly drawdown requests and monitor progress, cost to complete and programme. Raise and discuss areas of concern as part of the drawdown process.
- Track the construction drawdowns and forecast expected drawdowns by week over the next twelve weeks
- Assist with construction overview of each project for quarterly reports to investors and report on the current construction to investors during meetings.
- When foreclosure on a project is required, manage the appointment of external advisors to assist in completing the scheme.
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as a Graduate Surveyor, you will be offered:
- Salary - £22,000 - £26,000 DOE
- Benefits - Career Development, Company Car, Pension, BUPA Healthcare, Life Assurance, Gym & Golf Membership, Netflix & Spotify vouchers + many more.
If you have the skills and experience required to join the Onyx team as a Graduate Surveyor, we want to hear from you! Please click APPLY below to register your interest.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required