PPD's mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. Allin-between, it's you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but alsothe right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongsideour talented, bright and energetic teams.
PPD's Project Management department is a global team organized by therapeutic area. We partnerdirectly with our clients to deliver projects from study start-up through close-out activities. InProject Management, you will oversee the delivery of PPD groups collaborating to support ourclients. In short, you are a crucial piece in earning the trust of our clients.
We have a new vacancy to join our team as an Asscoiate Director/Director in our GeneralMedicine Project Delivery Team. This can be based anywhere inthe EMEA region.
As an Associate Director/Director, you are responsible for the overall management and successfuldelivery of the clinical study from start-up through close-out activities. You often work globally,with multi-functional leads to anticipate problems, find solutions and deliver results. You leadthe collaboration that shows our clients we are one team focused on our purpose, mission, andstrategy.
This position is responsible for directing and leading the activities in the General Medicinetherapeutic area within and accountable for the P&L of a specific projects. Develops and drivesthe specific and overall therapeutic area strategies to ensure optimum performance and achievementof annual plans and targets. Has overall responsibility for instigating and leading changeinitiatives within the therapeutic area and works with peers of General Medicine in the overallleadership of the Project Management group.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or licensed certified health care training;
- Demonstrated track record of success in clinical development (equivalent to 7 years or more) and in leading and developing professional staff in a project led environment;
- In depth understanding and experience with budgeting, forecasting and resource management within the General Medicine area;
- Experience using project management software;
- Valid Passport, where appropriate;
Or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the individual with therequired knowledge, skills and abilities.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the key principles of cross functional project management (Time, Quality, Cost);
- Solid financial acumen;
- Applies a range of negotiation techniques to achieve desired outcomes with evidence of commercial and organizational acumen;
- Displays effective communication skills (listening, oral, written) and can communicate in English language (oral, written);
- Sound interpersonal skills, is flexible and adapts to changing situations;
- Has the ability to persuade, convince, and influence or impress others;
- Is organized, proficient at multi-tasking with good attention to detail;
- Able to lead, motivate and coordinate teams. Coach/mentor team members as appropriate;
- Able to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and workload of project team members;
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.;
- Possesses cross cultural awareness and is able to adapt appropriately;
- Has an understanding and appreciation of clinical research/development, including medical and therapeutic areas, phases and medical terminology; Has knowledge/understanding of clinical development guidelines and Directives.
- Has experience with leading, liaising and coordinating cross-functional project teams;
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being oneteam. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout yourcareer, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and developmentprogramme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based aroundthe health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD trulyvalue a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer acollaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together.We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do theright thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery ofsafe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then pleasesubmit your application - we'd love to hear from you.
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fostersan environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunitieswithout regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity,sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required