EY Assurance, Data Analytics, Senior Analyst
Our clients tell us they want to be told something about their business they don't already know,they want insights they aren't getting from their systems and people. A role in Assurance Data &Analytics gives you great access to a vast array of clients and their Data, with your findingsbacked by the powerful EY brand.
Our clients range from household names, through to small businesses you simply wouldn't thinkexist.
A typical day probably doesn't exist, but if it did, it would involve talking to stakeholders todefine the scope of an analysis, agreeing with a client's IT team how you'll receive the data, datawrangling and cleansing, followed by an analysis phase which could last minutes or weeks. All thework is project based, so there is plenty of variety.Responsibilities
Required Skills & Attributes
- After induction and onboarding you'll be assigned a portfolio of engagements to work on. You will then be responsible for:
- Owning deliverables through their lifecycle, with a mix of new and recurring work.
- Communicating with stakeholders and managers to handle issues and changes in timelines.
- Devising cunning technical solutions to requests and problems, then knowledge sharing these across our team of around 60 professionals.
- Identifying opportunities to make our work, more efficient or effective. Bringing innovative ideas to the leadership team for investment assessment.
- Doing all those things that a professional should, like thinking about data security, archiving, and quality.
Ideally, you will have experience of the following
- A willingness to learn, to work outside your comfort zone, achieving a common goal, supported by a team with diverse backgrounds across a range of geographies.
- Evidence of a logical and detailed oriented mind, able to support our quality agenda compliance requirements.
- Experience owning deliverables and performing detailed self-review of work.
- Proven ability using technology and analytics to solve business problems, deliver insights, or create recommendations.
- Great written and verbal communication, presentation and client service.
- Strong team player with a solution focused attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple conflicting deadlines which typically occur during our busy period (Oct-April).
- Flexibility to travel and work in other locations
- Considered a master user of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with complex financial or transactional data.
- Experience writing code in languages like SQL, Python, R, .NET, Java, VB, ACL, IDEA
- Data transformation and wrangling tools ranging from SSIS, through to Talend and Alteryx
- Building visualizations in tools like Spotfire, Tableau, or even D3JS
- Expertise in an industry or ERP system
- Awareness of techniques for handling large data sets, ~1bn records in a single table.
- Experience demonstrating or presenting software/tools to internal or external stakeholders
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, peopleand society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust throughassurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask betterquestions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon aspossible.The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.Apply now.EY | Building a better working worldPrior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information acrossseveral dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirelyconfidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help usanalyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity andinclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountabletowards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity &inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
- Education Level
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required