Engineering & Delivery Lead (Nuclear)
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
As part of our plan to secure a low- carbon energy future, EDF Energy is leading the way in building a fleet of safe, reliable nuclear power stations in the UK. Together with our partner China General Nuclear, we are now developing proposals to build and operate a new power station on the Suffolk coast, known as Sizewell C (SZC).
Our mission is to develop the design and finalise the construction plan, build relationships with stakeholders and support all the necessary consent and licence applications. We are building an adaptable and agile environment, offering modern working arrangements and flexible benefits that have won EDF Energy national recognition for diversity and inclusion.
As the Engineering & Delivery Lead, you will drive the delivery of engineering work by the Responsible Designer (RD) and support the procurement of key contracts in order to advance the engineering and secure the supply chain to de-risk the SZC Final Investment Decision (FID), through the maximum possible replication of the HPC detailed design.
You will be accountable for the following main responsibilities:
• Take a global overview of the nuclear power plant Systems, Structures and Components (SSCs) within their programme, with a view to maximise replication from HPC and prepare for key contracts to be awarded
• Build and maintain strong links with the project managers and engineers responsible for delivering equivalent scope at Hinkley Point C and implement all lessons learned
• Prepare with the multidisciplinary team specific post-FID contracts (terms & conditions, contractual appendices and technical specification)
• Drive the implementation of SZC site-specific design changes into the design deliverables in their programme, including contract specifications to enable robust pricing
• Be responsible for the timely delivery of engineering studies by the RD or by key contractors and for ensuring they meet the needs of the SZC project
Manage internal interfaces (between contracts and systems) and external interfaces (between programme scopes) to ensure a coordinated approach to design and delivery
• Manage early engagement with stakeholders (including equipment suppliers) to identify obsolescence issues and other risks to replication
• Manage the technical elements of the procurement process for specific contracts
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Previous engineering or project management experience in nuclear, or a heavily- regulated industry i.e. aerospace, oil & gas, energy or public sector works
• Background in mechanical, electrical, process, systems or civil engineering for large industrial plants
• Experience of coordinating multi-disciplinary design/procurement work and driving design/procurement teams to deliver on time
• Good understanding of the complexity of major projects, including interface management between scope areas
• Experience of the pre-tender and tender stages of procuring contracts for the design, manufacturing and/or installation of industrial equipment
• Excellent communication skills in client-facing and contractor-facing situations
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free