A very exciting opportunity to join one of the top Bespoke Interior designers based in York. My client is currently looking for a Trainee Sales Designer to join their established sales team.
Your role will be to work alongside the sales team to plan and design bespoke interior projects through the use of CAD to both exceed customer expectations and sales targets.
This role would be ideal for a recent graduate with relevant work experience in the kitchen/bedroom industry or previous practical background in cabinetry. Excellent understanding and use of CAD is essential for this role.
Salary dependant on experience between £19-25k increasing after the training is completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming clients to the showroom.
- Supporting and communicating with clients throughout their journey to create their new interior project. Deliver a high standard customer experience from the initial welcome to completion.
- Visiting client’s homes and sites to measure and evaluate the clients’ needs.
- Listening and understanding client’s expectations, style and choices. Identify requirements.
- Using CAD design and draw client requirements.
- Arrange sketches or renders when appropriate.
- Gather/collect samples for client presentations.
- Assist with quality presentations – present, process and communicate concepts, designs and quotations to clients.
- Assist and create quotations and margin reports through SMART.
- Compiling contract files and idiot sheets for handover to relevant departments.
- Attend feedback and final statement meetings with client.
- Generate sales in line with showroom’s targets and pro-actively generate new business.
- Attend and contribute to weekly sales meetings.
- Ensure all customer records are updated on the SMART system.
- Showroom housekeeping – make sure tidy before opening and closing.
- Occasional telephone answering.
- Develop design and product knowledge skills to create inspirational designs and maximise your sales potential by attending external courses and dealer product courses. Feedback to sales team.
- Apply and comply with the company’s processes and values as directed by your line manager.
- Work with the marketing department to promote the company through social media, other medias and helping with events when required.
- Proven experience working in a similar role or skills in cabinet/furniture design.
- Design qualifications desirable but not essential. An eye for design, attention to detail and interior design including strong creativity skills a requirement.
- Familiarity with sales reports and sales records
- Previous design (AutoCAD) and sales experience is essential.
- Knowledge and use of Kitchen/Interiors quoting software.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and MS office.
- Practical background in cabinetry desirable but not essential
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Contributory Pension
- Free on-site parking facilities
- Ongoing training
- Mobile Phone
- Holiday Package
- You will be required to use your own vehicle during business hours, and travel expenses will be reimbursed accordingly.
This is fantastic opportunity to join one of the best in the business so don't hesitate in applying.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required