If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Quantitative Analyst – Prime Services
As a Barclays Quantitative Analyst within Prime Services you will help a growing team and partner with key stakeholders to drive the analytics agenda. You will bring your willingness to learn about the Prime Services business and a solid technical background to develop new and improve existing analytics. You will also be involved in the end to end delivery.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Designing, developing and improving models and analytics in Prime Services
• Liaising with Front Office and Technology to deploy analytics in production
• Providing tactical analysis
• Working closely with traders to help making the business move efficient and the decision making process more transparent and data-driven
What we’re looking for:
• Masters or PhD in a quantitative field (Mathematics/ Physics/ Computer Science/ Engineering)
• Working knowledge of financial products relevant to the prime business, e.g. margin loans, repo, IR/FX -swaps, equity/bond total return swaps, futures, etc.
• Extensive working knowledge of Python and familiarity with C++
• Critical thinking, good attention to detail and independent problem solving skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prime Services or Financing experience; exposure to equity and fixed income ETFs, market maker activities, and/ or intraday risk
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Familiarity and practical experience with statistics and data analysis
• Experience with data visualization tools and libraries (e.g. Jupyter, Bokeh)
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!