If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
As a Barclays Data Engineer – Prime Services Analyst you’ll be an integral part of Prime Data Applications team. Your team is responsible for providing all Data Engineering, Data Management, Data Analytics and reporting services across all Prime business area facilitating regulatory reporting, internal reporting and critical trading tools that helps the business in making right decisions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
• Working as a hands on Python and Big Data Application Developer responsible for designing and developing components around complex business
• Working through all development cycle from requirement understanding, data analysis, design and development, automated testing and release management
• Understanding existing complex system flows and technical data flows and coming up with better design and solutions for existing or newly built modules
• Partnering effectively with globally distributed IT team members within team and across other teams
• Supporting, monitoring and troubleshooting of both production and non- production environments as well as addressing any client/trader/user queries promptly
• Contributing on a daily basis to a collaborative and agile environment, provide support where appropriate to other members of the team
• Participating in infrastructure and capacity management activities and designing CI/CD pipelines for project lifecycles
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
• Technical proficiency and experience in Data Engineering, Data Management and Data Analysis
• Development experience in Python with experience in using multiple libraries
• Development experience with databases and SQL languages preferably Microsoft SQL Server, including working on Big Data/Hadoop technologies such as Spark, Hive, Impala
• Experience in using agile tools e.g. JIRA, Git, Team City, Agile Central
• Experience in using Git/Stash for source and version control, Autosys for batch control and Team City/ Nexus for build/deployment
• Experience in DevOps, source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration, release management, and other software development practices
• Exposure to AWS Architecture & Services is a plus, as well as Exposure to any ETL tool like Informatica or SSIS
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Tay House nestled in a fantastic central city location, a short walk from both Central and Charing Cross train stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!