Programme Research and Delivery Manager
We’re looking for an experienced consultant with knowledge of digital inclusion and ideally digital transformation. You will lead digital inclusion research projects with clients, making recommendations to improve digital inclusion provision within organisations and in local communities. You’ll be a brilliant collaborator, able to forge strong relationships with partners based on trust and mutual respect. You’ll be committed to delivering value to our clients, will have excellent people skills and be comfortable dealing with a range of stakeholders from CEOs to volunteers.
The role requires good analytical skills to conduct strategic reviews and excellent written English to produce findings and recommendation reports for clients. You will lead projects, working closely with the Research Team and Operations Manager to ensure work is delivered to a high standard, within agreed timescales. To successfully engage with clients and communities you will co-host online workshops, such as research workshops, training and partnership building meetings so you’ll be a confident public speaker. You will support the development of Digital Champion Programmes with clients, and work closely with our Digital Champion Coordinators.
You’ll be curious to find ways to improve digital inclusion in the UK. You’ll be proactive and identify new business opportunities for research and clients, supporting the Senior Leadership team to write bids and proposals.
The role is home based with regular contact with clients and colleagues via video calls until Covid19 restrictions allow. You’ll be supported vy the Citizens Online team.
Work with client stakeholders to explore digital transformation and inclusion issues. Understanding the client and end user needs to make recommendations for improvements
Analyse relevant policy and digital strategies for lead organisations and others in a locality
Conduct digital maturity assessments
Capture learning from the work and build in evaluation and monitoring where possible
Produce reports of finding and recommendations
Run group engagement and training workshops
Identify new research and client opportunities
Support with writing bids and proposals
Keep up to date with developments and trends around social inclusion/ digital inclusion policy and feed this into the development of the programme
Share knowledge and learning about digital inclusion and related issues
Develop relationships of trust and understanding with key local stakeholders
Work collaboratively in partnership with local stakeholders
Ensure the support and outputs we provide are of consistently high standard
Lead the project team to ensure delivery of agreed outputs for clients, acting as the main contact for clients
Manage day to day project activity across multiple projects
Work with the team to manage and project risks
Identify ways to improve process and systems
Develop training materials, resources and other materials
Innovate and adapt to achieve outcomes
Essential Skills and Experience
1. At least 5 years’ experience of programme / project management and delivery
2. Ability to understand client needs and design support and recommendations to achieve their outcomes
3. Writing compelling research, findings and recommendations reports
4. Building and maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
5. Working collaboratively in partnership with multiple organisations
6. Experience of group facilitation
7. Understanding of monitoring and evaluation
8. An organised self-starter
9. Ability to communicate over the phone, digitally, and in person
10. Knowledge and understanding of digital inclusion and its implications. Sensitivity and compassion around societal inequality, exclusion and discrimination
11. Enthusiasm about digital skills, tools and services. Confident and excited about learning new things on the go, as needed. We use slack, trello, hubspot etc
Desirable Experience and Skills
12. Experience of working on service change projects and building business cases
13. Working in public, private and third sector
14. Knowledge of the digital skills sector
Please send a covering letter (max 600 words), demonstrating how you meet the essential experience and skills, and if applicable the desirable knowledge and skills above. Please reference the criteria 1-14 in your letter. Please include your current CV (max 2 pages).
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free