A fantastic opportunity for a Junior Java Developer to be working for one of the world's largest investment banks Enterprise Security Platform team, helping to implement the Firm's Cybersecurity Strategy by architecting, engineering, deploying and operating technical security controls and capabilities for the Enterprise.
This position will focus on the development of application security platforms, e.g. SAST, DAST, RASP, OSS etc. and building security pipeline for the companies DevOps CI/CD.
Role Profile & Expectations
- You will be part of an emerging, dynamic team which is core to the firm’s application security strategy
- You are bright and have a strong work ethic, with experience working in an agile environment
- You will have strong analytical and problem solving abilities, coupled with excellent development, communication, and organizational skills
- You will work primarily as a platform integration developer, as part of a collaborative, agile platform integration team. Though the work will primarily platform integration, there is plenty of scope to take an active part in the architecture, design, build and implementation of a new cloud security platform
- You will develop functionality in an iterative fashion, liaising with product owners, engineers, and developers across the technology organization.
- You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our technology solutions, through a range of methods including peer review, retrospectives and refactoring as required.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to write robust, maintainable code in Java
- Good knowledge of relational or non-relational databases
- Experience in design/build/maintain large scale, high performance, distributed system
- Good knowledge of running systems/applications in complicated IT environment, comprised by bare mental, VM, and containers.
Other Desired Skills
- Good knowledge of DevOps CI/CD
- Enthusiasm for modern development tools and practices including Git, Jenkins, automated testing and continuous-integration/continuous-deployment
- Good knowledge of shell or PowerShell
- Good knowledge of Red Hat or other Linux distributions
- Effective troubleshooting skills across hardware, OS, network and storage
- Experience of platform design, build and deployment, with a focus on continual service improvement
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required