Graduate Administration/ Operations Assistant
Lockton is the world’s largest privately held independent insurance broker. Their focus is to provide their clients with the best in risk management, insurance and employee benefits consulting.
As a result of internal progression and development the Lockton Employee Benefits business is looking to appoint an Administrative Assistant into the division to provide support for the Executive team and Operations Manager, as well as providing office management and support across the wider Employee Benefits team.
This role is suitable for recent graduates looking to start their career within an Operations role within the Financial Services sector.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Diary management including arranging meetings, conference calls, functions and similar events
- Assist management team with complex administrative functions, ad hoc research, creating and distributing meeting minutes for the monthly manager’s meetings and other executive meetings
- Preparing papers and presentations ready for meetings
- Handling expenses including checking of those submitted to their manager
- Arrange domestic and overseas travel, accommodation
- Office management - maintenance of office area, document management (SharePoint ), stationary orders and ad hoc moves
- Act as key point of contact for EB team for internal/external queries and answer/screen /redirect telephone enquiries
- General business updates including - BCP, Gifts and Entertainment, Org Charts etc.
- Ad hoc administrative support for general EB team members - e.g. managing provider requests, new joiner inductions and assist with client events etc.
- Assist Operations Manager in reconciling Bad Debt along with IBA
Competencies required in the role include:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure deadlines are met without compromising quality
- Excellent attention to detail, self-motivated and pro-active
- Good critical thinker
- Knowledge of Microsoft products ( Advance PowerPoint is an advantage)
This role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a highly successful business unit and has good scope for someone who wishes to learn and understand the Employee Benefits business with the opportunity to expand their remit and responsibility over the longer-term.
The entrepreneurial culture of the Lockton business is reflected in empowering their associates to act quickly, learn fast and provide the right solutions for their clients.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!