Huawei Technologies is offering high calibre PhD students the exclusive Internship opportunities to gain a valuable experience in its Edinburgh Research Centre.
- The realisation of geospatial data such as indoor maps and trajectories.
- Providing research team with geospatial data analysis while performing feature extraction.
- GIS data management.
- Support the development of tools, solutions and system components for the next generation indoor positioning and navigation.
- Support the procurement of prior art for the future development of navigation technologies.
- Cooperation with the partners and field experts in ERC and the UK R&D.
- Previous experience in delivering research mini projects in geospatial data analysis or data management.
- Excellent systems programming skills, strong implementation skills in pgSQL, Java or Python.
- Ability to understand and examine new cutting-edge technologies from prior art and publications.
- Some experience in the development for navigation systems, maps or geospatial AI is desired.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive Research and Development experience;
- Mentorship from experienced professionals;
- Accessibility to the world’s latest technologies;
- Opportunity for training and development;
- Competitive salary and incentive schemes;
- The possibility of a permanent position after internship.
We Wish You are
- A PhD Student/Candidate study in Computing Science, Engineer, GIS or related programmes;
- Have a good academic background and programming skills, published paper on top conferences or journals in the related fields (Preferred but not essential);
- Be able to work minimum 20 hours per week;
Right to Work in the UK
We do offer UK Tier 5 Internship VISA to students come from outside of the UK.
Through applying for this position you agree to our privacy notice. For further details please follow the link below: https://www.huawei.com/en/privacy-policy
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required