We are looking for a qualified/part qualified CSQS/LLM Corporate Governance (Grad CG) graduate to join our team and provide company secretarial support to our internal and external clients. The successful candidate will proactively contribute to the commercial success of our business.
As part of our close-knit team you will gain experience in board meeting preparation and minute taking responsibilities, statutory and regulatory compliance, and governance best practice. With guidance, you will carry out your duties in a professional manner and in accordance with policies and procedures, legal/regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
- Team performance & development: take ownership of own performance and for acquiring skills necessary to carry out the job. Provide on the job training and mentoring to more junior members of the team if directed.
- Managing change: participate in change, carry out any assigned tasks within the given timeframe.
- Leadership: understand and contribute to achieving the vision set out by team leaders. Look for opportunities to lead within direct team. Work collaboratively within the team and the wider Link Group.
- Link Group knowledge: identify and develop an understanding of core Link Group business structures, processes, management and own discipline.
- Technical knowledge: gain and apply technical knowledge relevant to job role.
- Business knowledge: basic knowledge required of own business area. Limited knowledge required of other Corporate Markets propositions.
- Chargeable hours (If applicable): ensure that all time charged is justified and is in line with internal policies/procedures.
- Relationship management: effectively build and manage effective relationships with colleagues and be able to identify and engage with other key individuals/contacts within wider Link Group. If client facing develop relationships with clients and intermediaries in relation to own portfolio.
- Sales (If applicable): identify opportunities to sell-on/cross-sell and pass ideas/knowledge to senior colleagues in Link Group.
- Influencing: look for opportunities to influence and offers ideas. Achieve specific outcomes with stakeholders.
- Data integrity/reporting: ensure quality and accuracy of own data. Flag errors/omissions in colleagues’ work/client documents.
- Mandatory training: complete mandatory training as per the training calendar.
- Policies and procedures: read and understand the Link Group policies and procedures required for the job and keep up to date with amendments.
- Risk: ensure that all weaknesses/incidents identified in relation to service delivery/internal processes are reported to a Manager and recorded.
- Legal & regulatory: develop and maintain an understanding of any relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Verbal communication & presentation: structure and communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively, 1:1 and with colleagues.
- Written communication: with guidance, produce all written communication to a high standard of accuracy.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- To be considered you will need to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of and commitment to the company secretarial profession. You will have started the CSQS qualification or hold the LLM in Corporate Governance and will understand the basic principles around UK company law, regulation and best practice. A proactive and flexible approach, upbeat manner and the ability to work in a team are essential.
- Recognised degree (preferably 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification.
- Solid IT skills.
- Friendly, enjoys working as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and flexible approach to workload.
- Organised, ability to handle conflicting deadlines
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- High level of accuracy, good attention to detail.
- Business and commercial awareness.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
The following is also desirable
- Experience within, or understanding of, a professional services environment.
- Legal training or experience.
- Financial services experience, e.g. insurance, pensions.
- Investment company experience.
- Business development experience.
- Degree or Masters in law, governance, business or finance.
- Knowledge of Blueprint software.
- Experience of a client/customer facing environment.
- Experience of working in other jurisdictions including Channel Islands, Ireland, Asia, Luxembourg.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required