Our client is an award winning Blue Chip firm that has been in business for over 179 years. They have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join their Field Marketing team, to manage the North West territory. This role is home-based, comes with a car allowance and is a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months, possibly turning into a permanent role.
As a current business developer, you will use your sales and marketing abilities to further promote the companies products and services within a highly specialised sector, within your own appointed geographical areas and client bank.
- Pro-actively develop and maintain relationships with key contacts, such as student societies, lecturers, and faculty staff; as well as seeking out and engaging with other influential industry professionals and organisations.
- Act as Brand Ambassador for the company within the medical and dental student populations, building awareness in the marketplace about what the company can offer students now and as their careers progress.
- Organise, deliver, and manage events end to end, (including Sales, Educational and PR events) to promote the companies products.
- Gather client and prospect data, ensuring all relevant data is captured and maintained.
- Investigate business development opportunities, looking outside of current work practices to further develop market penetration and improve work practices.
- Identify and research topics of interest to medical/dental students and early careers audiences; and create compelling content for Student Financial Education.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A Graduate, or equivalent, with sales /marketing experience
- You will be an experienced presenter and net-worker, self-motivated, a self-starter and used to meeting and exceeding targets
- Able to deal confidently and effectively with the target audience in one-to-one and group situations.
- Excellent Communication skills with the ability to communicate at different levels and through different means, written and verbal.
- Organisational skills are essential as is a pro-active and tenacious nature
- A desire for self-development and a commitment to study any relevant qualifications.
- Good IT skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Up to date with market, product, and industry knowledge; Income Protection.
- Knowledge of income generation, professional indemnity, and Income Protection.
- Experience in Sales/Promotional environment.
- Exposure to Marketing processes/procedures.
So, what can you expect in return?
On top of a generous salary with annual pay reviews you can expect:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days with service anniversaries) and you have the option to buy/sell holiday too
- Our great pension scheme is company matched, plus 2% (up to 10%)
- Life Assurance - 4 x base pay
- Car Allowance of £4600
- Access to a wide variety of flexible benefits too; there are too many to mention but typically include things like travel loan/car parking scheme, cycle to work programme, medical cover, financial advice
- Numerous discounts designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & well-being and leisure discounts
- Employee assistance programme - we help you, take care of you!
- The company also encourage you to give back to your community through 2 annual volunteering days
If you would like to find out more please send your CV quoting reference: RH 25674
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required