Customer Service Advisor
Dorking, Surrey (currently home based due to COVID-19)
Are you a confident customer service professional with experience of delivering an exceptional service over the phone? Want to develop an exciting career with an organisation that provides vital services to some of the nation’s biggest businesses? If so, read on.
About SES Business Water:
SES Business Water provides water and wastewater services for businesses across England and Scotland. We know that many organisations want a straightforward way to manage their water supply, so they can concentrate on the big picture. That’s why we’ve created unique services and solutions to take the hassle out of managing your business water, whether your business is large, small or has multiple sites.
Our customers include major high street retailers, supermarkets, hospitality and leisure, local and national government, the NHS, independent schools, manufacturing, food processing and an international airport.
Our organisation is built on the values of service, commitment, innovation, compassion, collaboration and integrity. We’re looking for brilliant people who share these values to join us and help to deliver outstanding solutions that save our customers time and money.
Why you should join our team:
You’ll become part of a close-knit, proactive team who support each other and lend a helping hand whenever they can. The team work in a positive, electric environment where drive, commitment and entrepreneurial flair are encouraged and everyone has face time with the Directors to share their thoughts and ideas.
Given the current economic climate, it’s more important than ever that we deliver the best service possible for our customers, giving them peace of mind so they can focus on other matters. You’ll be given comprehensive training to set you up for success, which will include a two day overview of our business.
We believe that a job well done should be rewarded and we like to promote from within. If you show ambition, this role has the potential to progress into a more senior position in the Customer Service Team, as well as to other areas of the business, including billing, onboarding, sales or debt recovery.
- Salary of £21,000 - £22,000 per annum DOE
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will communicate with customers via telephone, email and other channels and ensure that a first-class service is delivered.
For the time being, you’ll be home based, but once it’s safe to do so, you’ll join our vibrant open plan offices in Dorking.
Specifically, you will:
- Respond to queries regarding customers’ accounts, including making payments, setting up accounts, bill reprints and meter readings
- Promote services that may benefit customers
- Request meter reads internally for customer accounts if required
- Liaise with water wholesalers regarding billing and operational customer issues
Other organisations may call this role Customer Services Advisor, Customer Service Executive, Customer Services Representative, Customer Care Rep, Contact Centre Agent, Contact Centre Advisor, or Call Centre Advisor.
This is the perfect role for confident communicators who have a great eye for detail and can think outside the box to resolve issues. We’re seeking a Customer Service Advisor with:
- Plenty of enthusiasm and the drive to deliver a great service
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- A patient, pragmatic approach
- The ability to remain calm and work effectively under pressure
- Phone-based customer service experience
Ideally, you’ll also have experience in a utilities environment, but this isn’t essential.
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Westfield Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Business Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Customer Service Advisor, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!