What are you going to do:
We want someone with moral integrity; sense of humour; proactive and confident in decision-making; and You'll need to have objective views when it comes to content monitoring and not be overly sensitive to explicit or sensitive content.
- Implementing the online community moderation strategy
- Reviewing and moderating all member-generated content and member profiles (including pre-, post- and reactive moderation) including forums, comments, images, video and audio.
- Following the Moderation Guidelines
- Providing feedback of daily statistics, issues and outcomes
- Regularly providing feedback from insights gained from community moderation into the Product team
- Monitoring the in-app posts and member updates to anticipate potential issues Taking ownership of video content in alignment with client and business strategies
- Proactively moderate and audit uploads taking the time to understand the needs of customers and the client
This is a demanding and pressurized role and we are looking for someone with very specific skills. Please read the list below and carefully consider if you have what it takes to be a moderator.
What we offer:
- Training and ongoing support will be provided.
- The successful candidate will be working from home using your own mobile device.
- Opportunity to enhance your skill set.
- This position is flexible, and you will be allocated shifts, timings are to be decided.
What we ask:
- At least finished college A levels
- Essential Skills Include:
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills combined with a proactive approach to tasks.
- The ability to pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the on-line social media industry and its culture, including internet culture in general.
- Be highly self-driven and results-oriented.
- Be a reliable and trusted team member.
- Have good technical understanding, including computer literacy and the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Have an excellent understanding of the core principles of delivering great customer service.
- Mental agility, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with complex and/or upsetting material.
- The ability to stay cool under pressure.
- Have an eye for minutiae coupled with exceptional judgment.
- Be open to constructive feedback Open and comfortable to be exposed to highly sensitive and explicit content on a daily basis.
- Ability to evaluate content in line with content and business policies.
- Demonstrable computer literacy, MS Office skills, understanding of relevant software, and advanced internet functions.
- Strong analytical and research skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast and evolving workflows.
- Adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and respect and maintain the terms of our non-disclosure agreement.
- Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- A willingness to actively engage in continual dialogue to help boost the transparency and credibility of our moderation procedures..
- Be interested in noteworthy social issues, breaking news, and popular trends.
- Be familiar with internet laws and regulations.
- Have previous experience in Social Media moderation/ community management.
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
Who are Supernova?
It exists to create a bright, positive, and inclusive social media experience and to share the vast advertising wealth generated by social media with charities and good causes. Our brand values are: Purposefulness, Inclusivity, Fun, Kindness.
- Education Level
- College, University
- Working hours per week
- 10 - 30
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Evening Job, Weekend, Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Salary indication
£10.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Supernova is The Social Network that Gives Back!
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Advertising / Marketing / PR , Online Marketing
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required