What are you going to do:
As a Get Further Graduate Tutor, you will have a direct impact on the life chances of students – helping them to improve their skills and achieve key qualifications that open doors for future study and work.
We're looking for individuals who believe in our mission, demonstrating not only a passion for tackling educational inequality, but the skills to translate this passion into action.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate a personal interest in education, accompanied by the drive and commitment to make a difference.
- We’re looking for communicators. You’ll be able to clearly demonstrate that you are both attentive and adaptable and can convey information in a clear and engaging manner.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate that you are resilient and professional – and that you will take the role seriously and consistently do your best for the students.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate a clear level of insight and understanding into the challenges facing students today.
- We’re looking for team players. You’ll be able to demonstrate an aptitude for building and managing relationships with your students and staff at the college
- Able to commit to tutor training over a two-day period (delivered remotely). In 21-22, training will take place in early September.
- If placed to deliver tuition onsite, ability to travel to your placement college. If placed to deliver online tuition, access to a computer and wifi.
- Minimum 2.1 degree or above (2.2 degrees will be considered if you have a strong academic record in A-
level English or maths).
What we offer:
- You’ll be paid £18 for every hour of tuition you deliver
- Ongoing support, professional development and networking opportunities to advance your career.
- Should you wish to stay in the sector beyond the programme, we provide you with support and advice for pursuing a career in further education
- You’ll have the flexibility to build a working week that suits your needs. Note, placements typically range between 1-20 hours per week. On average this year, tutors delivered 6 hrs per week
- Get Further provides you with all the resources for delivering the programme to your students – so you don’t have to spend extra time designing lessons
- Expert training in how to engage and motivate your students, and tutor with impact - allowing you to develop transferable skills to launch your career
What we ask:
- At least finished university degree
- Minimum C grade in GCSE English and maths (or equivalent)
- Minimum A-level/equivalent qualification at grade B or above in subject relevant to the subject you choose to tutor (English or maths)
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
Suitable candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis and incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 1 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Jobs, Casual / Part Time Jobs, Temporary Full Time
- Salary indication
£18.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Provide tailored support and rebuild confidence for students to close gaps in their education
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required