Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices.
At Mitie, you will be working for the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company. Looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. You will be part of a workforce with over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there is no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 15 Hours Per Week
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 18:00 - 21:00
Salary: £8.91 Per Hour
· Carry out cleaning duties to deliver the cleaning contract at a high out put specification
· Ensure the contract service delivery is of a high standard, meeting all SLA agreements whilst adhering to the cleaning schedules.
· To undertake successfully all training required to deliver the Hygiene & Environmental role at BMW Summit One Campus
· Individuals will be required to work within a team or have the ability to work under their own initiative.
· Adhere to all Mitie/BMW Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
· To maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant SLA’s, carrying out all daily, weekly and periodic tasks as directed by the Hygiene & Environmental Site Supervisor, Night Supervisor & Team Leader
· Ensure that the service is delivered effectively and efficiently to a high standard, undertaking: spot cleaning carpets; Cleaning: Offices, Meeting Rooms, Kitchen areas and Specialist Workshop, Atrium & floor cleaning.
· Must be prepared to use various pieces of cleaning machinery: T3, T5, Multi-wash, Scrubber/Dryer
· To ensure all equipment entrusted to your care is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
· To have a full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work specification and time allocated to facilities.
· To have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used by Mitie at BMW and to attend all necessary training to be enable to fulfil this requirement.
· Assist in the cover of absent staff as may be required by your Supervisors / Soft Services Contract Manager
· To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislations and the Client policies.
· To report any maintenance defects to Supervisors & Soft Services Contract Manager
· To understand and observe Mitie and BMW site rules at all times.
· To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
· To observe all Company and Client statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work.
· To deal with any complaints that fall within the job holder’s duties and report these immediately to the Supervisors & Soft Services Contract Manager.
· To perform miscellaneous Hygiene & Environmental duties as apparent or as instructed by the Supervisors / Soft Services Contract Manager.
· To undertake any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Soft Services Contract Manager
· To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner in compliance with the company’s safe systems of work
· To fully participate in all Mitie/Client training required
· To build positive and productive working relationships with all customers, delivering excellent customer service and seeking ways to continuously improve and exceed expectations
· Flexible approach for ad hoc tasks, and to assist colleagues and other teams as and when required.
· To ensure that a high standard of personal hygiene is maintained and to give particular attention to hands/finger nails, hair care and general appearance. Shoes must be fully covered with tread and appropriate for the requirements of the role.
What you'll get in return:
In return we will offer you holiday entitlement, pension contributions, discount through MiDeals to over 850 high street retailers, cycle to work, options to buy extra holiday, save as you earn scheme, share incentive plan, recognition and wellbeing incentives such as Mitie Stars and many other benefits
· This is a permanent post: 5 days a week, Day Shift – Monday to Friday 18:00-21:00
· Be self-driven and determined
· Drive for continuous improvements in service delivery
· Able to use own initiative
· Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements
· Maintain any records as requested by manager/Mitie procedure
· Follow all Client security procedures
In order to be successful in this role you will need have a basic level of English, (reading, writing, verbal), previous cleaning experience is desirable but not essential and have a flexible approach to the role.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!