Twinkl HQ, Sheffield or Remote Annual Salary £17,500
The following information provides an overview of the skills, qualities, and qualifications needed for this role.Contract
12 Months Hours
37.5 hours per weekLine Manager
Design Team Leader Recruiter
Design Production Manager/Design Team Manager
Joining our internship programme will result in you joining our ever-expanding and evolving in-house design team. You will work in collaboration with teachers, content editors, design coordinators and illustrators to create our lovely teaching resources.
Our production team is split into unique product packages that turn teacher-created content into fun and user-friendly resources that are used by millions of educators across the globe. As such, you should be passionate about education and excited to contribute to a market-leading, forward-thinking global business that helps those who teach.
This Internship will allow you to build connections and work with other areas across the business through the live briefs that take place throughout the year. We focus on building upon new and existing skills which in turn build your experience of design working within an in-house design team. You will receive thorough training and support on how to create our resources whilst also learning about our Twinkl brand guidelines.Ongoing Projects/how You’ll Spend Your Day
To succeed in the role, you will
- Every day you will work on priority resources which have been set by the Product Owner within your package.
- Attend daily stand-ups to discuss any roadblocks which may occur, and build relationships with your team.
In this role, you will learn
- Have experience in InDesign.
- Have experience of following brand guidelines.
- Be able to take on feedback and use this to further develop your designs.
- An eye for detail, creativity and imagination.
- Be proficient at managing workload and meeting targets and deadlines.
- Care about education and helping teachers and learners across the globe
You’ll work with
- How to be an in-house designer within a professional workplace.
- Learn and understand the resource lifecycle from our teachers writing the content to our users downloading the content to teach.
- Learn how to create innovative designs within specific brand guidelines.
- Learn the importance of the end user, accessibility and functionality.
- To work in an Agile team environment with a Operations Assistant
- Work with other Twinklees across the business through live briefs and workshops
- Opportunities to learn more about different areas within Twinkl via shadowing
- A team of people in different roles, working together to create a specific product.
- A design team leader and a team of designers from other products who you can share ideas and solutions with.
- A variety of people from other departments in the business.
We're interested in anyone who meets one, or a combination of the following
Fluent in ArabicHave a degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or creative subject.A to C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.Is good fun to be with and has the ability to communicate well with others, both written and verballyIs organised, able to work to deadlines, and manages time effectivelyHas a hard work ethic, is passionate, driven and loves what they doIs honest, trustworthy and reliableHas a passion for design and produces quality work, continuously looking to learn and build upon existing and new skillsRepresents our Twinkl valuesAccess to a fast and reliable internet connection of at least 6mb down and 1mb upload. We recommend you use speedtest.net to check.
Please submit a reduced design portfolio (no more than 10 pages) on a PDF with your application so we can understand your skills and suitability. If successful in acquiring an interview we will ask you to present your portfolio. What we look for in a strong portfolio is editorial and layout designs. This can be from magazines, booklets, posters and anything that involves heavy text.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please include this at the foot of your covering letter. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Here’s a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be
A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process.Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.Diversity, inclusion and belonging - our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Colour, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.Continuous Professional Development (CPD) - Our ever-evolving program includes Monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats and mentoring.Plus, Westfield Health, life insurance (after 2+ years service), 29 annual leave days per year (inc bank holidays) & company sick pay.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required