A permanent role, based in Lancashire, for an Internal Communications Officer paying between £24,000 and £28,000 per annum.
If your skills, experience, and qualifications match those in this job overview, do not delay your application.
Every day offers something different for our client. They are experts in handling emergency situations around the local area with speed, safety and also professionalism. The team are close-knit and work as one to deliver a consistent message both to internal staff and the wider public. They are constantly working on projects to improve engagement and strive to continue to communicate well to staff and the community.
THe key responsibilities of the Internal Communications Officer will include, but may not be limited to;
- Keep staff well informed of news, projects, events, consultations, and other activity and provide opportunities for people to share their views and ideas.
- Plan, implement and evaluate internal campaigns.
- Obtain data and feedback using tools such as surveys and focus groups to inform communications activity.
- Use a mix of channels to communicate effectively with different staff groups.
- Lead the development and evaluation of the intranet content, working with content authors, to generate greater usage of the site.
- Create a weekly staff bulletin for all employees containing organisation-wide information.
- Deliver staff recognition initiatives and report on long service, bravery and other commendation events.
- Copy write content for a wide range of audiences and material including intranet, corporate documents, leaflets, staff interviews and case studies.
- Use storytelling to connect with people emotively, highlight real people and experiences and decode complex issues.
- Provide a high level of attention to detail to ensure work is of a high standard, ensuring content is accurate and has been proofread.
- Assist in providing an efficient media relations service, responding to enquiries promptly and ensuring compliance with appropriate media law and data protection.
- Assist in delivering the statutory duty to warn and inform people about emergencies.
- Ensure that the organisation presents a positive image through clear corporate identity and branding, in written and visual content.
- Maintain close working relationships with communications colleagues in partner organisations and collaborate on joint campaigns and other communications activities.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external users of the corporate communications team.
- Work closely with the wider corporate communications team to coordinate all requirements for internal communications activity and ensure it is achieved on time, on brief and within budget.
- Maintain secure and confidential access to systems and digital channels including social media accounts, website, and intranet.
- Provide communications support to the wider Authority where appropriate.
- Participate in the on-call communications rota to update digital channels in relation to incidents of note and provide a 24/7 media relations service, public communications, and on-site press officer function in the event of significant incidents.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development and actively participate in the appraisal process.
The successful candidate must possess the following skillset to be considered;
- Experience in Communications, whether internal or external (internal being preferable);
- Impressive writing abilities;
- Ability to juggle rapidly changing workloads and priorities;
- An understanding of balancing proactive and reactive work;
- Excellent teamwork and reliability;
- Integrity and honesty;
- Willingness to learn and develop;
- Flexibility to work on-call 1 in 5 weekends.
On offer to the candidate;
- A permanent opportunity within a supportive Public Sector team;
- Annual pay of between £24,000 and £28,000 plus benefits and huge flexibility;
- Professional development in the form of courses and external training;
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required