Zenith Bank (UK) Limited (ZUK) is a subsidiary of Zenith Bank PLC, one of the top banks in Nigeria. The bank was set up with a clear strategy to leverage trade and investment flows between Nigeria and Europe, by providing intermediary banking services and facilities for trade-related working capital and capital expenditure.
Zenith Bank recognizes the importance of leveraging a highly skilled workforce to achieve its strategic and operational goals. The bank is committed to providing an environment that is conducive for effective performance by availing all staff the necessary learning opportunity. We value the well-being of our staff and we encourage them to strike a balance between their work and personal lives, thereby creating a healthy atmosphere for personal development and career success.
With the introduction of new services here in the UK and our unparalleled knowledge of business with Africa, our 5 year strategy ensures “Controlled Growth” as we aim to become the Bank of choice for businesses wishing to transact in the African continent.
Like the look of this opportunity Make sure to apply fast, as a high volume of applications is expected Scroll down to read the complete job description.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- To assist the Head of the Internal Audit for Zenith Bank (UK) Limited to provide independent and objective assurance to strengthen the Bank’s operations. This involves evaluating and improving the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes. This may include liaising with the CEO, Heads of Departments, external auditors (KPMG) and Zenith Nigeria Internal Audit.
- To ensure that the bank procedures are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Bank’s Procedure Manuals which cover the various aspects of the Bank’s operations and controls.
- To identify the risks involved in each of the areas in which the Bank undertakes business and to ensure that such risks are properly assessed and correctly monitored with any changes reported expeditiously to the Audit and Compliance Committee and senior management.
- Maintain professional development and keep up-to-date with industry, regulatory and professional developments.
- To advocate the Bank’s Values, and to promote a strong risk, compliance and corporate accountability culture, throughout the Bank through presentations, knowledge sharing, and the internal audit work undertaken.
- To undertake work in-line with IIA Code of Ethics and Performance Standards.
- To comply with the FCA’s and PRA’s Individual Conduct Rules as per below.
- To undertake audit reviews as timetabled in the Annual Audit Plan and prepare audit reports on those reviews to include recommendations, where appropriate, and obtain the comments of the Head of Department being audited, prior to submission to the ACC and CEO.
- To conduct audit reviews in-line with the approach and methodology set out in the Bank’s Internal Audit Manual. To execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- To track agreed recommendations and report on their implementation to the Head of Internal Audit on a monthly basis.
- Follow up with management to ensure that management actions have been effectively implemented or that senior management has accepted the risk of not taking action.
- To undertake any special investigatory reports as necessary.
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit in the ongoing development of the Internal Audit strategy for Zenith Bank (UK) Limited.
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit in updating the Internal Audit Manual and procedures annually for review and approval by the ACC.
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit in producing an Internal Audit Plan each year of those areas to be audited for submission to the ACC for approval prior to adoption.
Experience and qualifications required:
- A first degree or its equivalent in any science/numerate discipline/accounting or related business discipline.
- Professional Qualification in Accounting like ACCA and related equivalents is required while IT Audit certifications like CISA would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of six years’ post-graduation experience in the internal audit function of a bank or experience acquired in an external audit role.
- A confident articulate professional with a track record of building solid working relationships with team members and other high-level stakeholders.
- Ability to resolve audit recommendations with a solution focused mindset in line with the Risk Based internal audit approach of the bank.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate audit results and issues effectively, both verbal and written.
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Highly analytical – able to work with both low levels of detail and ‘big picture’ Bank-wide perspective and think critically.
- Resilient – able to manage disagreement and find ways to reach an agreed position.
- Strong risk awareness and ability to conduct risk assessments in line with good practice and recognised standards relevant to the UK environment.
- Good understanding and use of IT Solutions.
- Ability to work independently, whilst seeking guidance from supervising staff when required.
The following highlights relevant Conduct Rules under the Senior Managers Regime. The Bank will provide separate detailed guidance and training on these responsibilities.
Individual Conduct Rules
Annex F, PRA PS16/15
Individual Conduct Rules:
Rule 1: You must act with integrity;
Rule 2: You must act with due skill, care and diligence;
Rule 3: You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators;
Rule 4: You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly;
Rule 5: You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required