Ensure all your application information is up to date and in order before applying for this opportunity.
Based in Rotherham (may be required to visit our client’s other sites in South Yorkshire for training and development as needed)Hours:
Full-time (Monday-Friday / 9-5)Salary:
Do you want to teach less hours? Are you currently working in education and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people? Are you missing the chance to teach smaller group sizes so that your delivery can have a greater impact? Would you like to take part in off-site enrichment activities? Do you want a rewarding career with opportunities for progression where you will experience genuine job satisfaction?The Role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and nurturing English Tutor to work in their Rotherham project to support young people to thrive both inside and outside of the classroom.
You will be based at their thriving centre in Rotherham, delivering diverse and engaging Functional Skills English lessons from Pre-Entry to Level 2. You will be required to teach 4 x 45 min English lessons per week, the rest of your time will be spent assisting in other subject lessons, supporting our client’s learners on enrichment activities, contributing to SEN/D paperwork or barrier busting. You will be delivering to class sizes of between 5-10 learners but learners will also have support from other staff members during these sessions. You will collect students on your commute to work and take them home at the end of the day. Essential
- Must own your own car, have business insurance in place and ensure that tax and MOT are maintained. You must be willing to carry out student pick-ups and drop-offs (mileage paid at 45p per mile).
- Must have great youth work skills and have a real ability to engage disengaged learnersRewards
- 9 weeks’ holiday per academic year to be taken during school holidays
- 45p mileage allowance per mile for work related journeys
- Outstanding CPD opportunities with first class training providedMain Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of English Functional Skills lessons in line with the NCFE curriculum
- Working with students from Pre-Entry to Level 2
- Responsible for comprehensive marking and written and verbal feedback for students
- To develop high quality teaching materials and schemes of learning that keep students engaged
- Working in conjunction with the Outstanding and Good criteria for OFSTED
- To carry out student pick-ups/drop-offs to and from home using own car that is covered by your own business insuranceWhat it's like to work for our client
Our client is a Post 16 SEN/D provision that works with 16-24 year old’s who have struggled to cope in mainstream education. Their approach is very much person-centred and based around meeting the needs of the learners. Students are taught either one-to-one or in small groups (never more than 10 students, though typically around 5), so being able to build great relationships is at the heart of what they do.
They are nationally renowned for the work they do in not only re-engaging young people back into education but for the holistic support that they offer to help their learners to remove barriers to learning, life and work.
They currently have projects in Rotherham, Barnsley, London and The Midlands.
If you want to work somewhere that values both its staff and its students, then our client would welcome your application.
Please note, our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of their pupils and expect all those who work with them to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Clearance check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an English Tutor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required