Role: Kickstart Trainee Maintenance EngineerBelow, you will find a complete breakdown of everything required of potential candidates, as well as how to apply Good luck. Location: Birmingham Salary: £9.50ph Hours: 3*8 hour shifts from 8am- 4pm with one hours paid learning at home with potential opportunity to increase hours to 37.5 hours per week. THIS IS A 6 MONTH KICKSTART PLACEMENT WHICH IS ONLY OPEN TO CANDIDATES AGED 16-24 YEARS OLD WHO ARE OUT OF WORK AND CLAIMING UNIVERSAL CREDIT. AS PART OF THE SELECTION PROCESS, YOU WILL NEED TO BE CONFIRMED ELIGIBLE BY YOUR JOB CENTRE WORK COACH. UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA FOR THIS ROLE. Overview of the business: Our client is the leadin
Role: Kickstart Trainee Maintenance Engineer
Hours: 3*8 hour shifts from 8am- 4pm with one hours paid learning at home with potential opportunity to increase hours to 37.5 hours per week.
THIS IS A 6 MONTH KICKSTART PLACEMENT WHICH IS ONLY OPEN TO CANDIDATES AGED 16-24 YEARS OLD WHO ARE OUT OF WORK AND CLAIMING UNIVERSAL CREDIT. AS PART OF THE SELECTION PROCESS, YOU WILL NEED TO BE CONFIRMED ELIGIBLE BY YOUR JOB CENTRE WORK COACH. UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA FOR THIS ROLE.
Overview of the business:
Our client is the leading provider of student accommodation in the UK, providing homes for 76000 students, across 27 cities.
Providing an outstanding student experience through working with colleagues to deliver a high-quality maintenance and customer service provision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out small maintenance and caretaker tasks around the Estates within your skill level and competency
- Supporting Estates Operatives on two man working jobs as required within your skill level and competency
- Maintaining City Lifecycle Stocks & Stores
- Delivering lifecycle stocks within the city (kitchen goods, furniture etc.)
- Property ground maintenance, including litter picking, jet washing, maintenance of recycling and bin areas
- Receiving and completing all works on Maintenance Management System PDA
- Completing visual property inspection, reporting works and logging maintenance issues on a PDA
- Undertaking room inspections and logging work required in line with the company ‘Check & Fix Process’
- Ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to
- Following up on any customer or property related issues requiring action in a timely manner, engaging with other colleagues when necessary
- Assisting customers in a professional and courteous manner, communicating effectively on a face to face basis, showing empathy and responding with urgency to customer requests
The following skills will be developed:
- This role will give you the opportunity develop your maintenance skills, customer service skills, communication skills and team working skills
This role starts at 25 hours per week and at the entry level salary for this role, there is a very realistic opportunity to quickly progress and secure more hours and an increased salary for people displaying the right attitude towards the business and role.
Great things about the role and the opportunity:
There is a natural progression into an Estates Operative role from this position for the right person.
Our client is a very modern, ambitious, welcoming business and they aim to reflect these values through their workforce. There is a lot of trust and autonomy given to employees in an environment where people are given the freedom to make mistakes and learn from them. You will contribute to the business and make a real difference to the students and the people around you. You will be rewarded with generous holiday allowance, an annual bonus and the opportunity to learn, progress and achieve. They believe in a work-life balance and they have a Gold Standard Investors in People Award.
Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Enthusiastic with the desire to ‘help out’ despite sometimes being undesirable tasks
- Able to operate PDA & Computer based workload systems
- Oral and written communication skills including the proven ability to engage with customers, colleagues and third party suppliers
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Full UK Driving License
- Some previous experience around maintenance
- Physically fit and able to work in a physically demanding role which will involve some heavy lifting and carrying.
If you are interested and eligible, please click Apply!
If you are interested in a Kickstart role, please go to the Exemplia Kickstart Website to view our full list of vacancies.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!