Planet is reimagining how artists and fans interact through live music. We've built the MVP, called PreTour, with some of the best in the business, finding the timing and need for a product to better serve live music fans that also generates fairer revenues to the artists and their management.
We see ticketing as a way to bring artists and fans closer together, rather than a commission led transaction, and have built a platform initially for artists to know 100% of the demand that surrounds them and to sell their allocation of tickets directly to fans. We enable artists to use the data to satisfy more of the demand.
We’re backed by big names from the music industry (we’ll tell you who during the interview ) and are soon to complete a significant funding round that will expand our team, working remotely in the UK, with an HQ in London.
Learn more about us and read our story.
What will you do?
- Gain experience in the agile software development process by taking on QA testing responsibilities during the onboarding stage of your role
- Contribute to the codebase in the early days by writing end to end tests using Cypress.io
- Identify, reproduce and report bugs, leading on to fixing them yourself and improving the quality of the product
- Develop new UI components using React Native Web
- Use your experience either as a fan of live music or as a creator of consumer first tech, build new and exciting features for
- An app that elevates the artist-fan relationship
- The Beat, our big fan insights engine.
We love NodeJS, Apollo + GraphQL and TypeScript
Next.js, React and React Native on the front endRequirements
You are someone who
- Has strong communication skills, a collaborative approach to building software, and a desire to work in a startup environment.
- Is excited to work with the best artists and help handle the high demands of their biggest fans.
- Is interested in working as part of the community, to involve and understand the crowd, testing and iterating constantly, using big fan behaviours to improve the experience for everyone.
- Is self-motivated to have a direct impact on the future of the product, grow with the company and be involved early in the movement.
As a reward for the time you are committing to us, we want you to see returns from the company's success and as part of the package we will also offer share options that will provide equity in the business to our earliest employees.
Why work for Planet?
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- The period between christmas and new year as paid time off on top of the above (on a discretionary basis)
- Company share options.
- Flexible working hours, working remotely with the potential to have a base to get together and collaborate.
- An output focused team who trust in you to run your own responsibilities
- Opportunity to put your signature on the product and for this role to grow with the business.
- Work with leading artists, events and their teams to reimagine how they engage with fans.
- A quarterly allowance to spend on going to live gigs
- Work with us to shape the company and team culture
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required