Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices.
Mitie, Care & Custody are delighted to announce the opening of the 2nd only female Short Stay Immigration Removal Centre in the UK.
Our philosophy at Mitie is all about delivering brilliant service to the people in our care and creating great training, development, and career opportunities for the people we employ. We support our people every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect.
Opportunities at Female Only IRC
We're looking for people to create a brand new team based at our new Immigration Removal Centre (IRC), as part of our newly acquired contract. Individuals will have experience in relating to people that may be agitated or confused by their circumstances and are able to interact and assist potentially vulnerable individuals whilst in our care. Empathy and resilience are key attributes for this role.
You will be passionate about delivering a great service in a sensitive manner, along with good communication skills and a team player. The ability to remain calm under pressure and experience in problem solving would also be advantageous to developing your career within Care and Custody.
Job objectives and responsibilities
· To provide a comprehensive cleaning service in the establishment to meet the standards identified in the cleaning schedule in line with legislative, contractual and company standards.
· To be responsible for all soft services delivered at the Centre including cleaning, waste, grounds maintenance and pest control.
· Provide advice, coaching and support to staff in order to maximise the efficient and effective running of the cleaning function.
1. Supervise a team of Cleaners ensuring they know their duties and carry out their work in accordance with company procedures and practices and Health & Safety Regulations to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained.
2. Provide a comprehensive cleaning service to include dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, emptying bins, cleaning toilets, etc. to ensure high standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
3. Motivate, monitor, advise and support cleaners to maximise their performance and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and contractual requirements.
4. Monitor and implement working practices in order to comply with all relevant Health and Safety regulations including COSHH.
5. Manage procedures for secure storage of cleaning machinery, tools and cleaning agents in order to maintain security.
6. Maintain adequate supplies of cleaning materials and supplies, re-ordering when needed, ensuring cleaners have the supplies they need to meet the establishment’s needs.
7. Report any defects to a senior member of staff to ensure health and safety procedures are followed and to enable repairs to be carried out.
8. Manage specialist cleaning as required including blood spillages and dirty protests to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained.
9. Manage janitorial services such that litter on site is picked up and waste is moved around site in accordance with operational constraints
10. Manage the delivery of specialist sub-contractors providing waste collection, pest control and grounds maintenance services.
11. Complete documentation to the required standard and deadline so that legislative, company and contractual requirements are met at all times.
· Previous relevant cleaning experience is required with the ability to work within a dedicated facilities team.
· Proven supervisory experience in an FM environment is essential.
Health and Safety responsibilities
· Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times
· Adhere to agreed outreach methods and risk assessment to ensure own personal safety dealing with service users
· Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment
· Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
· Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities
· Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager
· Report actual and suspected security incidents.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free