We are looking for the extraordinary…a senior operations leader with specialist knowledge, exceptional experience and outstanding leadership to lead our new Commercial Premises Service Delivery team, in the newly formed Live Operations team for Commercial Premises. You’ll be a lynchpin in DAZN’s drive for customer centricity, operational excellence and cost efficiency, as our new product evolves at pace and our customer base expands across several territories
Disrupting an industry isn’t easy.
DAZN is seeking an experienced Senior Service Delivery Manager to join the Commercial Premises Live Operations team. You’ll report to our Head of Live Operations (Commercial Premises), lead and manage another Service Delivery Manager, but virtually manage many others.
We need one set of incident processes between our 24 x 7 DAZN Support Centre, CS and our vendors, with a well-maintained operational blueprint/process design that supports our commercial customers. You will drive improvement and seek automated solutions across our toolset (such as ServiceNow / interfaces to Conviva, SalesForce (for CS) and our programming /scheduling tools).
You will drive performance reviews both internally and with our vendors and SLAs. You will drive improvement (reduce incidents and drive performance and availability up) to meet our strategic objectives; whilst meeting budget targets. Setting the bar high through benchmarking, well thought-through KPIs and targets and inspiring their delivery through building capability in your team, is a given.
You team will work closely with DAZN Support Centre and Incident Commander teams; and is the post incident interface to the other process managers, vendor, technology and development engineering teams at DAZN.
This is a great role for someone wanting to implement a service layer in an exceptionally difficult area and watching it mature over time. The position is full time with a requirement to provide on call support outside of office hours.
As our new Service Delivery Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Ensure DAZN has appropriate tools, processes, an agreed Operating Model and governance, that reflects best practice across readiness, incident, problem and change management.
- Ensure appropriate changes (eg Technical, Marketing, Product) do not adversely impact the customer experience
- Establish appropriate KPIs and targets to drive improvement to the customer experience
- Accountable for implementing the Problem management process at DAZN - Governance, improvement plans
- Drive improvement through identifying, quantifying, business casing and delivering improvements to drive best in class incident management through the product roadmap or other projects
- Working very closely with your team automate support processes to ensure that incidents are detected, escalated as quickly as possible to right engineering teams to reduce MTTA and MTTR
- Support New Market delivery through effective resourcing, process rollout; and operational launch targets are met
- Build strong internal and external relationships with operational and technical teams and third parties
- Be the point of escalation for SDM team and cover on call support.
- Manging the Onboarding of new DAZN services from product and engineering teams to ensure that DSC and IC teams are able to effectively support these services when they are deployed on production
- Help drive the retrospectives / CSI process for all DAZN incidents by working with DSC/IC and DAZN technology engineering teams
- Partner with performance analysis team to help build Service Now metrics, reporting and define category details required for Service Now, incident management processes used by all support and engineering teams
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Know what great a customer experience looks like through benchmarking, customer centric KPIs and challenging targets
- Have expert analysis to understand the heart of what’s happening to our customers, quantify where and why we need to change
- Leadership to drive appropriate quality of performance through building your team and excellent (and clear, targeted) communication
- Exceptional communication skills to ensure our incident communications are clear and timely to our senior executives
- Strong experience in ITIL and agile ways of working
- Excellent understanding of tools like Service now, Pager duty, Power BI, SharePoint.
- Excellent understanding of incident management, reporting, service delivery and incident response process and clarity to build new incident processes
- Ability to use precise customer impacts on our incidents CS, social, error codes, playback failures etc to drive improvement
- Exceptional expertise: to include Conviva, New Relic, ServiceNow. As well as Live and VoD, possess strong capabilities in operations covering Sign Up, Sign In, Payments, My Account, Pause and Cease
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience (eg re-buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, E2E Architecture, Applications
Even better if you have:
- Expertise of common development methods and tools (incl. Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Confluence)
- Knowledge of AWS and monitoring tools like (New relic, Datadog) is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the sports or OTT services sector would be beneficial.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- A love of sport
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required