Job Title: Software Engineer (Inventory Manager) Front... Job Type: Permanent Location:... Hours: 37... Salary: £Competitive + Company...
Job Title: Software Engineer (Inventory Manager) Front End
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £Competitive + Company Benefits
The software engineer will be a key member of a squad. The role will require you to:
· Deliver functional and quality software with technical oversight from more senior team members.
· Code with languages that Holland and Barrett Tech utilises
· Collaborate and contribute to the various features being built as part of the product roadmap in a team
· Continuously iterative and improve on the platforms/products/features being built working with product manager and with the other engineers
· Design functional software with oversight from more senior members of the team.
· Deliver quality software of low-moderate complexity within a functional area without clear requirements
· Implement software using modern patterns of software development for functionality and scalability
· Implement performant software using proven algorithms and methods of software optimisation on functional team platform
· Define and implement unit tests for implemented software
· Implement unit, integration and performance tests into a testing framework
Communication & Teamwork
· Participate and contribute in a cross-functional team environment
· Articulate technical concepts to the business and technical community
· Work with other engineers and members (BI Developers, Data Scientist, Product Managers, …) in your squad, for example, for code reviews and sprint planning
· Collaborate across squads where there are dependencies
· Embrace a DevOps culture and sense of ownership of what you build
· Be proactive in identifying improvements of what you build
· Be proactive in your development and growth
· Take no blame root cause analysis and incidence management approach of all issues
· Be a role model for behaviour in accordance with company culture, with a strong work ethic and accountability.
· A Degree or equivalent exposure to programming
· Strong Development background in one or more of the following: Java, Kotlin, Python.
· Experience developing and working in a virtualized environment.
· Experience using container based APIs including Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes.
· Experience implementing scalable software systems and platforms.
· Experience with unit and integration testing
· Experience in building microservices : APIs, event-driven with a choice of SQL or NoSQL data store
· Experience with DevOps concepts & working on CI/CD
· Agile/scrum development experience. Embraces Agile and encourages other to embrace and agile way of working
· Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
· Familiarity with Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Datadog, Airflow
We offer a flexible, home-based working model. We have offices in Nuneaton and London, but you will not be required to be office-based.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!