If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Advisor – 12-Month FTC
As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor in our Manchester call centre, you’ll support customers who may be in current or future financial difficulty, helping them to find affordable and manageable solutions that meet their needs.
You’ll take the time to help each customer understand their situation, while assessing the options and their affordability. From there, you’ll put forward a solution plan to help them repay their lending excess and returns at a sustainable level.
You’ll work 35 hours a week across Monday-Sunday, with shifts between our opening hours of 8am-9pm. We offer a competitive salary between £20,000 - £22,000 based on previous experience.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with customers who need our support with their financial concerns
• Giving tailored solutions that meet their needs, and deliver the right outcome
• Identifying any complaints they may have, and handling/escalating these where needed
• Keeping systems up to date by maintaining accurate customer records
• Following our policies, standards and controls, which we’ll share with you in your induction, and will provide regular training updates on
What we’re looking for:
• You’ll already have previous customer service experience from a call centre, retail or similar
• You’ve got excellent listening skills, and the ability to emphasise with customers in pressured situations
• You’re a confident communicator, and have strong numeracy skills too. You’ll use these skills to present options to customers in an easy to understand way
• You’re a team player and can confidently work with others or independently as needed
Skills that will help you in the role:
• You may have already worked with people in potential vulnerable circumstances, or customers in financial difficulty in the past
• Experience working in a contact or call centre/ telephony/customer service environment and/ or Financial Services
Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone’s throw away from the office.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!