We have an exciting opportunity for a D-Grade Staff Nurse to join our Digestive Diseases Unit (DDU) based at The London Clinic’s main hospital in London, W1G 6BW (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1300 employees, and our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres. Our Digestive Diseases Unit comprises of 16 patient rooms all with en-suite facilities. We provide medical and mainly surgical care to patients across a range of specialties, including Colorectal, Gastroenterology, Upper GI and Stoma Care.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and service to the patients. This includes the appropriate assessment and evaluation of care in keeping with the Clinic’s policies, Protocols and philosophies, as well as the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Job Type: This is a permanent, full time position working 37.5 hours per week (long days, nights and weekends.)
- Salary: The attractive salary for this role is £36,527 - £39,475 (inclusive of London Weighting & shift enhancements) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for individualised patient care acting as the named nurse, using the Roper Logan and Tierney model and documentation for the department.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, to ensure the effective care and treatment of patients.
- Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records and be aware of the legal implications of these documents.
- Regularly participate in department meetings to enhance team communication.
- Promote safe practice and professional conduct, as well as research-based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit where appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- RGN with valid NMC Registration.
- Recent experience in general nursing settings, caring for Acute Surgical patients.
- Experience in Gastrointestinal and/or Colorectal Surgery would be desirable but not essential as full training is provided.
- Competent IV giver with experience of Epidural, Venepuncture/cannulation, and ECG recordings.
- Excellent communication & time management skills, and is approachable and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required