At Lidl, our success comes directly from our teams working together to make sure our customers get the best service and products every time they visit one of our stores. We all strive to make our supermarkets the best in the area. So we need go-the-extra-mile, team-strengthening, day-brightening Customer Assistants to help us continue to lead the way as the fastest-growing supermarket in the UK.
What will you need?
- As a Customer Assistant in one of our stores, you’ll be part of a fast-paced, energetic team. Your friendly, helpful attitude towards every customer that comes into the store and the pride you take in a job well done is critical to our business success.
- Some experience in a customer service role is preferred but not essential if you can demonstrate the commitment to always go above and beyond for your customers
- Enthusiasm to work well with your team members, support them in achieving your store goals and take initiative in making decisions when required
- Willingness to learn quickly, manage multiple day-to-day tasks and complete all tasks efficiently to achieve the highest standards in your store
- To be responsible and reliable, with a highly professional attitude to your work and the flexibility to adapt to a fast-moving working environment
What will you do?
- Depending on the size of your store, your team could have anywhere between 6 and 50 people on it. You’ll have a Store Manager, at least one Deputy Store Manager, other Customer Assistants and possibly a Caretaker.
- You will be trained to work across all areas of the store so you can support the store management team with all store operations
- Carry out freshness checks, manage stock, operate the checkouts, handle cash, unpack deliveries and ensure your store is always clean and tidy
- Act as a brand ambassador to make sure that everyone you come into contact with, from customers to suppliers, leave the store with a positive impression of how we work at Lidl
- Develop your skills through training with your managers and lending a hand to any task, whether that’s on the shop floor or behind the scenes.
- £8.25-£10.60* per hour (subject to experience and eligibility for London Weighting) plus great benefits including store discount
- Working Hours
- Type of Contract
- Casual Jobs, Weekend, Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Type of Job
- Bar Staff / Waiters and Waitresses, Retail
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University, Other
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required