Are you an aspiring computer games developer with games development knowledge, and a passion for all things gaming in general? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work part-time and be paid to teach young children how to create their own computer games?
We are based in South-East London and specialise in teaching children how to write computer code through creating their own computer games. We are looking for a passionate games developer to help our young students learn to code!
If all of the following applies to you:
- Are an aspiring games developer (e.g., pursuing a university degree in computer games development)
- Have solid knowledge of various game creation tools and platforms
- Are actively creating your own games
- Are looking for a unique opportunity to be paid to teach children how to create their own games
- Are able to work weekend mornings (Saturday or Sunday);
Please get in touch, making sure to include your CV in your application.
What we offer
Working for Spark4Kids, you will be:
- Working in a fun, vibrant environment where playing games (testing the children's creations) is part of your job
- Building up experience for your future career
- Able to work hours that suit you/your study
- Paid to do something you already enjoy doing - be part of designing/creating games, and helping children design and create their own!
- GCSE/A Level/Undergraduate
- Work experience not required, however technical knowledge is (you will be tested)
Professional experience is not a pre-requisite, however you will need to demonstrably show (during interview and/or with actual games you have created or published) a deep knowledge and understanding of games development.
Of interest are as many of the following game development skills as possible:
- Stencyl, Game Maker Studio, GameSalad, Unity3D, Unreal Engine, Construct 2 etc.
- ability to demonstrate coding ability (with games in development, published games etc.)
- general coding ability, knowledge of languages such as C# or Java and other languages would be a bonus
- eager to learn new skills, and to do so quickly
Inter-personal Skillspatient with a pleasant demeanour, dependable, approachable and politepunctual, good at time-keeping and time managementenjoys teaching and interacting with young children, liaising with parents
Tutoring Skillshappy to participate in developing courseware (in conjunction with other Spark4Kids staff)goal-setting, guidance and technical supportproviding help to and mentoring children
Please note - this role is based in West Dulwich, south-east London (10 minutes by train from London Victoria). You will be required to take a technical test as part of the interview process. Applicants will be DBS-checked prior to final job offer being made.
- Education Level
- Secondary School
- SOUTH-EAST LONDON
- Working hours per week
- 2 - 4
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Salary indication
Between £7.00 and £12.00 per hour
- Responsible for
- Tutoring children in games design and coding
- Type of Job
- ICT, Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required