Curtains.com an exciting new ecommerce business is looking for a Merchandiser Assistant to work in their head office in Farringdon.
A fantastic opportunity for those who want to work in online retail.
As a Merchandiser Assistant your role will be to support the Merchandiser with the planning and trading of the company on a daily basis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively researching and anticipating seasonal demand and competitor's activity to ensure we have products that are in demand.
- Set up and manage range plans to ensure product information is clear and accurate.
- Possessing a keen eye for opportunities, identifying all possible chances to maximise profits, using initiative to implement new processes and procedures.
- Assisting with all aspects of the buying cycle, including product selection and product set up ensuring ranges are launched on time.
- Preparing trade reports, participating in regular team meetings, making strategy notes, reviewing product performances and agreeing team priorities and changes to plan.
- Reviewing suppliers performance against agreed KPI's.
- Identifying and processing sale buys, markdowns and promotions.
- Having strong communication skills, able to effectively communicate to both internal and external stake holders at all levels.
- Regularly updating Merchandiser on progress, key issues and changes to work priorities.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Data entry and filing.
- Assisting customer services with product enquiries.
- Providing support and produce ad hoc reports for the team as required
The Ideal candidate will be:
- Strong analytical, numerical, administrative and Microsoft Excel skills
- Good understanding of Buying and Merchandising process.
- A keen eye for trends
- A love for retail!
- £18k - £22k
- Working Hours
- 9am - 6pm
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Jobs, Full Time Jobs
- Type of Job
- Admin / Secretarial, Advertising / Marketing / PR , ICT
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required